heartorg
All information contained within this forum is strictly the opinion of the person posting it and should in no way be considered medical advice. You should always consult your health care provider prior to making any changes in your activity level.
By viewing this forum you are agreeing to the following:
I hereby, intending to be legally bound for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, waive and release any and all rights for liability and damages I may have against any officer, agent, employee, or volunteer of H.E.A.R.T. and their representatives, successors, and assigns for any and all injuries or death suffered by me in or arising from my use of the information contained herein.
Link To HEART Web Site
Cleveland Clinic Sports Cardiology
Here
Latest topics
» LogARun Leaderboard
by Gary E Sat May 20, 2017 7:04 am

» Update since ablation
by Gary E Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:00 pm

» Statins Or Not?
by twal Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:16 pm

» PRP injections for tendonosis
by EugeneRunner Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:44 pm

» Swimming for exercise - not competitively
by Gary E Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:17 pm

» Tell Us About Your Surgery Or Procedure.
by mikenall Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:24 pm

» 2017 Goals and Races?
by jerseyguy Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:09 pm

» 2016 Wrapup
by RoadKillBill Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:19 pm

» Florence Half Marathon
by jerseyguy Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:27 am

by Admin Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:28 am

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of heartorg on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Happy New Year Everyone!!! Was 2015 a good year for you?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Happy New Year Everyone!!! Was 2015 a good year for you?

Post by Admin on Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:15 pm

Happy New Year!!

How was 2015 for you?
Admin
Admin

http://heartorg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy New Year Everyone!!! Was 2015 a good year for you?

Post by Dave Tuttle on Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:28 pm

Happy New Year Everyone! Where the heck did 2015 go?

Looking back 2015 was a challenging year for me from an injury standpoint but at the end of the year I'm finally starting to feel more like a runner again even if I am a lot slower. It's been a year and a half since I tore the meniscus in my good knee and this one took a lot longer to heal than the other one did (but no surgery on either one). It's a lot better now though, I'm running 5 miles every other day and rowing on my non running days with encouraging results. I also blew out my back a few years prior to the knee injury leading to several of years of really bad pain but that is much better lately as well especially since I've been able to start working on core strength again.  I'll take what ever I can get at this point and I'm truly thankful for it.

It's great to be alive! Overall it's been a good year and next year may be even better!

Here are my stats for 2015:

832  Miles Run  

14,619  Miles run since OHS  2/17/1999  

My wish for all of you is that 2016 brings you good health, good friends, and happiness!

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by LMRun on Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:58 pm

Happy New Year to all of HEART.  2015 has been the most challenging year for me in a long time.  Not a lot of mileage for me this year, but 2016 is a new beginning and new goals are already set!  It's supposed to rain tomorrow so I ran my New Year run today, on the treadmill at the Y.  If it doesn't rain, I plan on getting in a few road miles.

Looking forward to doing great things in this New Year.

Avatar is "Resolutions are for Runners"

23 mm On-X Mechanical Heart Valve
Home Test INR since February, 2008 Smile
LMRun

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel August on Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:57 pm

Ah - 2015! I was injured for most of it - about 9 months from December 2014-September 2015 with PF and a knee injury.....

But - really enjoyed the HEART gathering in WV and looking forward to some bone chilling running in 2016!!!!

Yeah Dave - I agree - it's SO GOOD to still be alive! Thanks for all you do here - LOVE our group!

Wishing everyone much joy in the coming year.

Rachel August

Back to top Go down

Post by twal on Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:44 am

It’s time to total up the miles again. In 2015, I did 1015 miles in 286 runs plus 624 bike miles on 54 rides. This brings my total running miles since 1965 up to 59,088 miles and biking to 12,474.

The year started well but a combination of pulled hamstring and atrial flutter really slowed me down in August to October. My mileage suffered and I needed help from the mild December weather here just to get over 1000 miles for the year.

The high point for the year was running in a big, but hot, 5K race in Mississippi on the 4th of July. I placed in my age group, my grandkids won their age groups in the kids run and my daughter was the overall women’s winner in the 5K.

Best wishes for 2016.

twal

Back to top Go down

Post by LMRun on Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:09 pm

twal wrote:It’s time to total up the miles again. In 2015, I did 1015 miles in 286 runs plus 624 bike miles on 54 rides. This brings my total running miles since 1965 up to 59,088 miles and biking to 12,474.

Congratulations on a great year, have you seen this as you may be interested https://ilovetorun.org/2016-gold-challenge
The bling is nice too.

23 mm On-X Mechanical Heart Valve
Home Test INR since February, 2008 Smile
LMRun

Back to top Go down

Post by RoadKillBill on Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:49 am

Really good year!

I retired, rode my bike(s) thousands of miles, took some really great riding & hiking trips, made it to the annual HEART weekend after several years' hiatus. I lost 10 lbs between March and December...but then added it all back last month eating seasonal garbage! Ya know that currently fashionable sound bite "eating fat doesn't make you fat?" Consider me unconvinced. Now I have a NYR to work on!

RoadKillBill

Back to top Go down

in a rush...

Post by Gary E on Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:47 pm

I'll try and enter my 2015 totals tomorrow, but I only have enough time right now to call up the "General Report" for the eight years that I've logged my miles on Logarun.com.  Just doing so to demonstrate how quickly one can get reports from that website.

General Report for Brutus
From 03/23/2008 to 01/03/2016
Overall
Total Miles: 9184.40 Miles
Days Run: 1867
Total Days: 2842
Percentage: 65.69 %
Biggest Running Streak: 76 days
Current Running Streak: 1 days
Number of Runs: 2155
Activities
Bike: 2258.6313 miles
Swim: 1808.4601 miles
Pushup: 28340 total reps
Situp: 63667 total reps
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by DonSoule on Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:04 am

Happy New Year!!!  sunny

I had a good solid base building / rebuilding year in 2015!  No race PR/PB for the 3rd year in a row.  Nothing too spectacular as far as my race times went but a great deal of improvement from the beginning of the year to my fall races.  Ending the year with my 7th and 3rd best times in September out of the 38 Half Marathons I've run in the past 10 years.  My 2 October Marathons were my 6th and 5th best times of the 40 I've finished in the past 10 years.  And my final race, a 5K in November was my 4th best time of the 66 I've run in the past 10 years.   I ended the year with 2,305.2 miles run,  the most miles I've ever run in a year Very Happy  

The keys to this year's improvement has been staying relatively injury free and losing 34 pounds over the year, getting me down to the lowest weight I've been in over 30 years!  I'm looking forward to getting some PR's in 2016 (if I can remain injury free) and train hard enough to finally make my dream goal of a BQ in a spring/summer Marathon!

Last edited by DonSoule on Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Pacemaker, January 16, 2009
Boston Scientific, Altrua 60 S602
Fairview Southdale Hospital
Minneapolis, MN
DonSoule

Back to top Go down

Post by RoadKillBill on Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:57 am

DonSoule wrote:Happy New Year!!!  sunny

The keys to this year's improvement has been staying relatively injury free and losing 34 pounds over the year, getting me down to the lowest weight I've been in over 30 years!  

That is really impressive, Don. Well done! Any wisdom to share on how you did that?

RoadKillBill

Back to top Go down

Post by jerseyguy on Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:28 pm

Wow there is some awesome stats on this thread! I have said this before and I will say it again: I am continually humbled by the accomplishments of others, particularly those that overcome obstacles and adversity. I will go on to amend this by saying I am equally humbled by the tenacity of those who persevere while on the mend.

For me it was a good year. I had my two year anniversary this fall. I feel stronger than I did in 2014. My check ups have been good and for the most part, I was injury free. I logged 1,900 miles this year. Did 4 half marathons and 2 full. I would have never in my lifetime predicted these outcomes. I am blessed and hope this will carry forward to the New Year.

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year.

jerseyguy

Back to top Go down

Post by echoguy on Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:13 pm

jerseyguy wrote:Wow there is some awesome stats on this thread!  I have said this before and I will say it again:  I am continually humbled by the accomplishments of others, particularly those that overcome obstacles and adversity.  I will go on to amend this by saying I am equally humbled by the tenacity of those who persevere while on the mend.

For me it was a good year.  I had my two year anniversary this fall.  I feel stronger than I did in 2014.  My check ups have been good and for the most part, I was injury free.   I logged 1,900 miles this year.  Did 4 half marathons and 2 full.  I would have never in my lifetime predicted these outcomes.  I am blessed and hope this will carry forward to the New Year.

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year.

And anything special about any of those marathon times???? Very Happy

Cleveland Clinic
echoguy

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum