heartorg
All information contained within this forum is strictly the opinion of the person posting it and should in no way be considered medical advice. You should always consult your health care provider prior to making any changes in your activity level.
By viewing this forum you are agreeing to the following:
I hereby, intending to be legally bound for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, waive and release any and all rights for liability and damages I may have against any officer, agent, employee, or volunteer of H.E.A.R.T. and their representatives, successors, and assigns for any and all injuries or death suffered by me in or arising from my use of the information contained herein.
Link To HEART Web Site
Cleveland Clinic Sports Cardiology
Here
Latest topics
» LogARun Leaderboard
by EugeneRunner Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:09 am

» We Lost A Dear Friend Today
by Gary E Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:13 pm

» Linda Evans Memorial Fund and Family Statement
by Dave Tuttle Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:29 am

» Update since ablation
by Gary E Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:00 pm

» Statins Or Not?
by twal Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:16 pm

» PRP injections for tendonosis
by EugeneRunner Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:44 pm

» Swimming for exercise - not competitively
by Gary E Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:17 pm

» Tell Us About Your Surgery Or Procedure.
by mikenall Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:24 pm

» 2017 Goals and Races?
by jerseyguy Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:09 pm

» 2016 Wrapup
by RoadKillBill Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:19 pm

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of heartorg on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Feedback Needed

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Feedback Needed

Post by Dave Tuttle on Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:36 pm

A few years ago we had a somewhat urgent need for a web presence and coherent statement of what HEART was all about so that we could more effectively introduce and promote ourselves to prospective sponsors and partner organizations. A few of us put together the HEART website and related messaging. We'd like to evaluate the website messaging to see if that's really what we're about as a group. Please have a look at these two pages and let us know what's right/wrong with any of the content, and recommendations to correct or replace any of the themes.

http://heartorg.zohosites.com/

http://heartorg.zohosites.com/support-for-heart-patients-by-heart-patients.html

Thanks for your help and feedback!

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Re: Feedback Needed

Post by twal on Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:07 pm

I think the web site is great and I enjoy the forum.

As we've discussed, the problem is that we can't seem to draw a lot of new people. I'm sure that there are a lot more folks who could benefit from the site if they could get to it.

But the internet is a competitive place and it costs money to get eyeballs. What kind of keywords do we have attached to the site?

The title HEART may be a little to broad. It was Cardiac Athletes that first got my attention and brought me into this great group. We need to tie in something like sports, athletes, active,...

Didn't we have some kind of tie-in with Cleveland Clinic. I just went to their web site and couldn't find a link to us.

I also went to the American Heart Association. I typed HEART.org into the search box on their site and we didn't pop up. Do they view us as competition or are we just too small to matter to them? If we could get a link to them, it would help.

The Achillies Running Club is broader than heart but has chapters all over the place. Each one is as big as us.

I'm sure you thought of all this already (and then some). What you're doing is great but I would love to see us grow.

twal

Back to top Go down

Re: Feedback Needed

Post by Dave Tuttle on Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:38 am

All good points and very helpful Tom, thanks!

Searchability is a big challenge for us even with supposedly good key words. A name tweak could be helpful at some point and I think it is doable without too much inconvenience.

Cleveland Clinic still lists us as a resource and we do get some traffic from the link but not as much as you would think:

http://my.clevelandclinic.org/services/heart/patient-education/support-groups-organizations

We've never really been able to get much attention from AHA, I don't think our small nitch market fits into their business plan but we keep trying.

I did join Achillies years ago I but don't get any communications from them. Are you a member or have experience with them? There could be some possibilities there.

We're trying to figure out just what we are at the moment and how to build on it so everyone's comments and ideas are welcome. Please keep them coming.

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

View from an earlier generation...before mass-media exposure

Post by Gary E on Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:24 pm

Just to play "devil's advocate", how would we be able to keep up with everyone if we had thousands of members?  That is precisely why I don't log on to Facebook more than once or twice per year. It is overwhelming to see page after page of what people do throughout their daily lives.  I have enough trouble just keeping track of my wife's, our children's, and grandchildren's activities.  Checking in on this site several times a week is all the distraction this old timer requires to satisfy his "social needs".
Gary E

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum