heartorg
All information contained within this forum is strictly the opinion of the person posting it and should in no way be considered medical advice. You should always consult your health care provider prior to making any changes in your activity level.
By viewing this forum you are agreeing to the following:
I hereby, intending to be legally bound for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, waive and release any and all rights for liability and damages I may have against any officer, agent, employee, or volunteer of H.E.A.R.T. and their representatives, successors, and assigns for any and all injuries or death suffered by me in or arising from my use of the information contained herein.
Link To HEART Web Site
Cleveland Clinic Sports Cardiology
Here
Latest topics
» LogARun Leaderboard
by EugeneRunner Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:09 am

» We Lost A Dear Friend Today
by Gary E Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:13 pm

» Linda Evans Memorial Fund and Family Statement
by Dave Tuttle Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:29 am

» Update since ablation
by Gary E Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:00 pm

» Statins Or Not?
by twal Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:16 pm

» PRP injections for tendonosis
by EugeneRunner Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:44 pm

» Swimming for exercise - not competitively
by Gary E Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:17 pm

» Tell Us About Your Surgery Or Procedure.
by mikenall Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:24 pm

» 2017 Goals and Races?
by jerseyguy Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:09 pm

» 2016 Wrapup
by RoadKillBill Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:19 pm

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of heartorg on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Edwards Lifesciences Patient Day 2015

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Edwards Lifesciences Patient Day 2015

Post by Tom price on Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:04 pm

The makers of my valve are having a Patient Day next Friday. They are looking to start a patient experience group for future users of their products. Having done some PR work for them in the past, I was invited out. I think it could be a good way to get our group visible to other patients as well as Edwards
Tom price

Back to top Go down

Re: Edwards Lifesciences Patient Day 2015

Post by Dave Tuttle on Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:28 pm

Hey Tom that sounds like a really big opportunity to get some good exposure for HEART and you're a great representative!!!

Want me to send you some HEART business cards to take along?

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by echoguy on Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:41 pm

I've got an Edwards valve!!! I would be happy to be a contact person for anyone in this area if they would like....

Cleveland Clinic
echoguy

Back to top Go down

Post by RoadKillBill on Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:33 am

I am also an Edwards customer (annuloplasty ring). I had some preliminary dialogue with the marketing peeps several years ago, but got cold feet and decided I didn't want to come out of the closet. I have less concern about that these days. I'm not interested in personal publicity (not so afraid of it anymore either), but I'd be interested in knowing if/how I might help HEART establish a connection with Edwards.

Tom, when you discuss HEART with Edwards, don't forget about the messaging we put together for our public face:

http://heartorg.zohosites.com/

http://heartorg.zohosites.com/support-for-heart-patients-by-heart-patients.html

Cool stuff - I hope we can help other heart patients and also raise the profile of our growing support community.

RoadKillBill

Back to top Go down

Post by twal on Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:28 am

I just checked and my mitral valve ring was made by Edwards. I never had thought much about it.

twal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom price on Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:19 pm

I'll let everyone know how this goes. I'll have the website addresses handy. Dave, I don't think I'll need any cards at this time.
Tom price

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom price on Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:24 pm

So.....back in sunny Florida after a quick trip west.  This was Edwards first Patient Day.  I am not sure what they really had for a goal.  There were talks from the CEO, and groups like AHA, Mended Hearts, Womenheart, and Adam Pick from Heart Valve Surgery.com.  Each table (14 tables) had an executive officer talking to patients about the patient experience.  The talks were nice, the executives seemed interested but I'm not sure what the expectations were.  It was nice everyone got to meet the team that made the heart valve in their chest, and we got a really good explanation of how they are made.  All the talk is of their transcatheter valve.  Other than two young boys, I was the youngest by far.  So, not really our audience!   I will keep in touch with Edwards to see if this becomes an annual event and let you all know.
Tom price

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:28 pm

Sounds like the beginnings of a nice event Tom especially meeting the people who made your valve. That has to keep them pretty excited about their work too.

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel August on Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:08 pm

That's my valve too! I'm planning on making the pilgrimage out there myself....as soon as I find some funds....right now my travel budget is tapped out. I'm grateful everyday day though for the people at Edwards who engineered my second chance!!!!

Rachel August

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum