heartorg
All information contained within this forum is strictly the opinion of the person posting it and should in no way be considered medical advice. You should always consult your health care provider prior to making any changes in your activity level.
By viewing this forum you are agreeing to the following:
I hereby, intending to be legally bound for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, waive and release any and all rights for liability and damages I may have against any officer, agent, employee, or volunteer of H.E.A.R.T. and their representatives, successors, and assigns for any and all injuries or death suffered by me in or arising from my use of the information contained herein.
Link To HEART Web Site
Cleveland Clinic Sports Cardiology
Here
Latest topics
» LogARun Leaderboard
by Gary E Sat May 20, 2017 7:04 am

» Update since ablation
by Gary E Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:00 pm

» Statins Or Not?
by twal Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:16 pm

» PRP injections for tendonosis
by EugeneRunner Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:44 pm

» Swimming for exercise - not competitively
by Gary E Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:17 pm

» Tell Us About Your Surgery Or Procedure.
by mikenall Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:24 pm

» 2017 Goals and Races?
by jerseyguy Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:09 pm

» 2016 Wrapup
by RoadKillBill Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:19 pm

» Florence Half Marathon
by jerseyguy Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:27 am

by Admin Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:28 am

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of heartorg on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

2015 HEART ANNUAL GATHERING AND RACE: SHEPHERDSTOWN WV. OCT. 10th

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2015 HEART ANNUAL GATHERING AND RACE: SHEPHERDSTOWN WV. OCT. 10th

Post by Dave Tuttle on Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:19 am

trishb wrote:
Dave Tuttle wrote:
I count 25 runners now and 35 for the banquet and I know there are several more likely to come but not committed yet... There are only about 5 rooms left in our block so don't wait too long!

Did you start booking for the banquet?  Not sure if I signed up or not.
But Trish and Benny will be doing that.  
If I can't run, I am sure as heck gonna eat.   Smile

The banquet arrangements are all set but we haven't started taking orders yet Trish. We'll get everyone's meal choices and shirt orders in late August or early September... Our shirts will once again be supplied free to everyone by the Cleveland Clinic but we will need to have pre payment for the meals... We'll get the details out soon.

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sumorunner on Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:10 pm

Spent the morning in the ER. Strained a muscle or tendon in the sacral area. This may jeopardize my half marathon training, but 10k is an OK fallback.

Sumorunner

http://www.MohawkView.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LMRun on Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:39 pm

Sumorunner wrote:This may jeopardize my half marathon training, but 10k is an OK fallback.

I'm running the 10K, registration completed.

23 mm On-X Mechanical Heart Valve
Home Test INR since February, 2008 Smile
LMRun

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel August on Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:03 am

Sumorunner wrote:Spent the morning in the ER. Strained a muscle or tendon in the sacral area. This may jeopardize my half marathon training, but 10k is an OK fallback.

What?!?!? Hope you're okay!!!

Rachel August

Back to top Go down

Post by Sumorunner on Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:32 am

Slipped and fell while picking raspberries. Got enough to make another pie. I'll be back running in a week or so.

Sumorunner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sumorunner on Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:46 pm

My back injury was worse than I thought at first. I was reduced to using a walker for two days, then a cane for a week and I haven't run since, now 3+ weeks. I'm getting some PT and the pain is gone but still very tight. I started walking Sat. & Sun and walked 1.5 miles this morning (to go pick more berries). I can see myself back to running by this weekend. Then I'll have 8 weeks to get the mileage back up. If it doesn't look like I'll be at 13.1, I can drop down to the 10K.

Sumorunner

Back to top Go down

Post by RoadKillBill on Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:58 pm

Hi Jack

I am not registered yet but I am thinking about the 10K. Maybe we can run together. What kind of pace do you envision?

RoadKillBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Sumorunner on Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:27 pm

At this point I have no pace plan, only to make it to the finish line. I would be happy at 12 min/mile.

Sumorunner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom price on Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:13 pm

Sorry to hear this Jack.....but I have to say....picturing you using a walker.....gave me a smile! I've been fighting a hip/sciatica issue for a few months...PT has helped and I am back running. Hope PT helps you.
Tom price

Back to top Go down

Post by RoadKillBill on Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:08 am

I hope your recovery continues and that we'll see you in Shepherdstown.

RoadKillBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:02 pm

Sorry to hear about your back Jack... I hope it mends well and you're running again soon! I may end up running the 10K too so there should be plenty of company for you.

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sumorunner on Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:26 pm

Walked 4 miles today, no pain. Not ready to run yet but when I do the legs are ready.

Sumorunner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sumorunner on Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:30 am

After 4 weeks off, I was able to run 1.5 miles this morning, very easy, no pain, but I could feel a twinge of tightness in the back after I got home. I'll keep it below 3 miles for the next week before trying to do any real mileage.

Sumorunner

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:44 pm

That's great news Jack!

Stick with the plan, it's a good one!

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:29 pm

Hey everyone, time is running out to sign up for the 10th annual HEART gathering and race in Shepherdstown, WV!! We're up to 28 runners now with well over 35 attending our Saturday evening banquet... Our members also started ordering their free HEART race shirts today but only those who have signed up got the ordering instructions... Since we don't want to overload everyone else with unwanted communications we're only e mailing updates and information to those who have signed up... If you're interested in joining us this October in West Virginia contact us now!!

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary E on Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:26 pm

Hi there everyone. Some of you may remember me from late spring (or maybe even years gone by), but seldom do I approach a computer (or TV, for that matter) until the days get shorter, or perhaps an all-day rain may occasionally drive me indoors.  In any case. I wanted to warn everyone that I am planning on attending portions of the Shepherdstown gathering while at the same time visiting my youngest daughter in Frederick MD (about 45 minutes to the NE).

I will be arriving at 9PM on Thursday the 8th at BWI and departing from the same airport on Monday morning at 9am.  I got a really cheap rate for the flight, so I decided to splurge a bit on the ground transportation. Instead of hitchhiking everywhere (or inconveniencing my relatives), I'm renting a car to get around and wanted all of you that may be travelling to and from that same airport to know that I may be able to pick you up or drop you off anytime during my stay in Maryland.

I will attempt to catch up on some of the previous postings on this thread to see if that may help anyone with their travel plans.  In case I don't get back on here right away, I think my email or phone number might be available in some "contact" portion of this website...or just have Dave, Mike, or one of the senior members of the organization get in touch with me.

See you all in a month and a half,

GE
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by Sumorunner on Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:40 pm

I got a few weeks of PT and the back is pain free, but then the right knee started acting up and when I favored that, the left hip got achy. Getting old sucks. But I ran 4 miles this morning, and swam some laps in the afternoon. Got back to my pushups again too. I still don't know if I'll have enough mileage to do the half, but I can wait until the expo to make up my mind to drop down to 10K if necessary.

On another subject, is there anyone flying into Dulles Friday morning or noon who would want to share a ride? I have not reserved a car yet.

Sumorunner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sumorunner on Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:04 am

OK, I managed 6.2 miles today. I'm half way there but only a month remaining to build up.

Sumorunner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sumorunner on Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:55 pm

Made it though 8.5 miles today, so we're getting closer. It felt good through about 6.5, then I began to fatigue and had to walk much of the final mile. I also went back to the lap pool and restarted my pushups routine last week to supplement my run with a little upper body work. Got up to 65 pu and 800 yds swim so far.

Sumorunner

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:12 pm

Glad your back is feeling better Jack... Sounds like you're almost there!

We've been traveling for a couple of weeks with few opportunities to run so I have a lot of catching up to do when we get back.

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by bsegall2 on Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:13 pm

Hello,
If anyone is interested and still has energy left, I plan to bring my bike and will go for a two hour ride before checking out of the hotel Sunday morning. Looking forward to meeting/seeing everyone.

Regards, Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post by twal on Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:39 pm

Is anybody going to get together to go out for dinner on Friday evening?

Do we have a room at the hotel that will be our central meeting place?

What time and where is Saturday's dinner?

Did you already answer all these questions and I just missed it?

We should be getting in around 5 or 6pm on Friday.

twal

Back to top Go down

See You In Shepherdstown!

Post by Dave Tuttle on Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:50 pm

We're driving down to Shepherdstown tomorrow (Thursday) and will be there by mid afternoon. Is anyone else arriving Thursday?

For those coming in on Friday, be sure to drop in to our hospitality room (The Blue Ridge Lounge) once you get settled in... Everyone will be there!

See you this weekend!!

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:54 pm

You seem to have missed the latest e mail Tom, here are the essentials:

Friday 10/9/2015 Clarion Hotel:

Hospitality Room - The Blue Ridge Lounge (at the top of the stairs in front of you as you enter the hotel) - Available all day Friday and throughout Friday evening. This will be the place to meet up with everyone who has some free time to socialize... We will pass out our race shirts here at 8:00 p.m. Friday evening. You may bring snacks and soft drinks but our contract requires that all alcoholic beverages in the hospitality room be purchased at the hotel bar. Please note: for security, hotel staff will lock the hospitality room if no one is present. If you find it locked, anyone in the HEART group may ask the front desk staff to unlock it.

Thank you to all who contributed to help defray the cost of our hospitality room!! Through your generosity we may also be able to cover the cost of a hospitality room next year as well.

There is no formal meal planned for Friday evening but those who are available will gather in the hotel restaurant at 6:00 p.m. for dinner.

We assume that most members will pick up their race packets on Friday at the expo (it closes at 8:00 p.m.) but if you are arriving very late Friday evening we may be able to pick your packet up for you... Please ask well in advance to avoid confusion and disappointment.

Again, we will pass out free HEART race shirts to everyone Friday evening at 8:00 p.m. in the hospitality room. Please wear your HEART race shirt on Saturday to show your support for HEART whether you are running the race or are a spectator.

Special thanks to RoadKillBill (Bill K) for designing the 10th year commemorative shirt logo and to Mike Nall for converting the concept graphics into an actual shirt and getting them made!

Saturday Race Day:

The Full marathon starts at 7:30 a.m. in Harper's Ferry and buses are provided. The 5K, 10K, and Half Mary all start in downtown Shepherdstown beginning at 8:30 a.m. It's a short walk so we can meet in the hotel lobby Saturday morning at 7:30 a.m. and walk to the starting lines together.

The race finish is in Shepherd University's Ram Stadium... It would be great if we can get enough seats for our group to sit together to cheer our runners across the finish line. A large group wearing our shirts should be easy for everyone to find.

Banquet - The Tuscany Room - Saturday 6:30 p.m.- ?:

The Clarion requires us to provide color coded place cards for each person to indicate the entree they are to be served. We will hand out an envelope containing the appropriate place cards to each HEART member for everyone in their group prior to being seated.

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel August on Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:36 am

See you all soon!

Rachel August

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum