heartorg
All information contained within this forum is strictly the opinion of the person posting it and should in no way be considered medical advice. You should always consult your health care provider prior to making any changes in your activity level.
By viewing this forum you are agreeing to the following:
I hereby, intending to be legally bound for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, waive and release any and all rights for liability and damages I may have against any officer, agent, employee, or volunteer of H.E.A.R.T. and their representatives, successors, and assigns for any and all injuries or death suffered by me in or arising from my use of the information contained herein.
Link To HEART Web Site
Cleveland Clinic Sports Cardiology
Here
Latest topics
» LogARun Leaderboard
by EugeneRunner Today at 1:09 am

» We Lost A Dear Friend Today
by Gary E Yesterday at 10:13 pm

» Linda Evans Memorial Fund and Family Statement
by Dave Tuttle Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:29 am

» Update since ablation
by Gary E Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:00 pm

» Statins Or Not?
by twal Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:16 pm

» PRP injections for tendonosis
by EugeneRunner Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:44 pm

» Swimming for exercise - not competitively
by Gary E Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:17 pm

» Tell Us About Your Surgery Or Procedure.
by mikenall Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:24 pm

» 2017 Goals and Races?
by jerseyguy Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:09 pm

» 2016 Wrapup
by RoadKillBill Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:19 pm

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of heartorg on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

10years - Reflection and Thanks

View previous topic View next topic Go down

10years - Reflection and Thanks

Post by PaulAndrew98 on Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:39 am

Hi All,

Today is the 10 year anniversary of my AVR. It seems like just yesterday, when trying to choose a valve and attempting to project myself 10 or 15 years into the future, that I found 'Valve Replacement.com', and an online community of support and experience. Heartorg evolved beyond that group to include all people of heard disease with an interest in exercise.

Anyway, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Dave, Gary, Tom and others for the effort they put into this group. It's easy to take for granted, and I don't comment very often, but when things get stressful and something inside isn't working quite right, it is amazing how comforting it is to come back here and reconnect with people that understand and care.

This year I will contribute more and will see everyone in the fall wherever we end up gathering.

Paul Hobbs

PaulAndrew98

Back to top Go down

Re: 10years - Reflection and Thanks

Post by Rachel August on Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:03 am

Congrats Paul!!!!! 10 years that's quite a milestone - so glad I got a chance to meet you and your family a couple years ago and I hope to see you all again in the fall!!!

Again - Congratulations!!!!

Rachel August

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:12 pm

Congratulations Paul, 10 years is a big milestone for sure! Most people can see the significance of today for you but unless they've "been there" and struggled back themselves they can't fully appreciate what's really involved... As you said, everyone here gets it and I remember how unbelievably reassuring and empowering it was for me when I first found others on the internet who were taking their lives back from their heart problems through exercise.

Thank you for your kind words Paul and thank you for coming up with the idea of a heart survivor race in the first place... That vision was the birth of this group and the beginning of something that has given so many others the hope and courage they needed to start their own journey back but the real power of this group is the dozens of lifetime friendships that started here... I can't think of a more worthy effort to be a part of.

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

No leadership on this guy's part, I only hang around for the food and laughter

Post by Gary E on Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:38 pm

Dave Tuttle wrote:Thank you for your kind words Paul and thank you for coming up with the idea of a heart survivor race in the first place... That vision was the birth of this group and the beginning of something that has given so many others the hope and courage they needed to start their own journey back but the real power of this group is the dozens of lifetime friendships that started here... I can't think of a more worthy effort to be a part of.

Congrats on the 10 year mark, Paul. I concur with everything Dave said above, and want to thank you, Mike, Tom, Trish and all the other visionaries that started all this camaraderie...and do the lion share of the important stuff. I'm just here for the good times and humor.
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by Sumorunner on Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:52 pm

10 is a big milestone. Reflect on what has transpired in your life over that span and imagine if you hadn't been here for it.

One thing I did was pay it forward by writing articles for my running club to relate what it meant and show what was possible after AVR. I wrote about it at 5, 10, 15 and 20 year anniversaries. Each time, a part of the club membership had turned over and there were many who had never heard it before. It was my hope to change some attitudes and perhaps save a few people much anguish in the future. Next year I get to tell them how I've survived a quarter century. Pretty damn well, thank you.

Sumorunner

http://www.MohawkView.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kyoung on Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:05 pm

Happy Anniversary!

kyoung

Back to top Go down

Post by twal on Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:49 pm

Congratulations, Paul. Looking forward to 20.

twal

Back to top Go down

Post by HerbW on Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:18 pm

Congratulations…..Awesome milestone. Looking forward to many more. Best of luck always.
HerbW

Back to top Go down

Post by EugeneRunner on Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:41 am

Congratulations Paul! 10 years is a big deal. I'm curious how your perspective and training have evolved over that time.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoadKillBill on Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:46 am

Congrats, Paul. That's a big milestone.

BTW - I hope the "something inside isn't working quite right" comment isn't relevant to your recent visit.

RoadKillBill

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum