heartorg
All information contained within this forum is strictly the opinion of the person posting it and should in no way be considered medical advice. You should always consult your health care provider prior to making any changes in your activity level.
By viewing this forum you are agreeing to the following:
I hereby, intending to be legally bound for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, waive and release any and all rights for liability and damages I may have against any officer, agent, employee, or volunteer of H.E.A.R.T. and their representatives, successors, and assigns for any and all injuries or death suffered by me in or arising from my use of the information contained herein.
Link To HEART Web Site
Cleveland Clinic Sports Cardiology
Here
Latest topics
» LogARun Leaderboard
by EugeneRunner Today at 1:09 am

» We Lost A Dear Friend Today
by Gary E Yesterday at 10:13 pm

» Linda Evans Memorial Fund and Family Statement
by Dave Tuttle Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:29 am

» Update since ablation
by Gary E Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:00 pm

» Statins Or Not?
by twal Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:16 pm

» PRP injections for tendonosis
by EugeneRunner Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:44 pm

» Swimming for exercise - not competitively
by Gary E Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:17 pm

» Tell Us About Your Surgery Or Procedure.
by mikenall Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:24 pm

» 2017 Goals and Races?
by jerseyguy Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:09 pm

» 2016 Wrapup
by RoadKillBill Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:19 pm

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of heartorg on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Greetings

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Greetings

Post by HerbW on Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:01 am

Hey there, and thanks to Gary E for letting me in on this forum. I see some folks from CA and lots of others that I hope to get to know a little more. About me: 55 YO living in NW Montana. I had a faulty mitral valve that got replaced almost 15 years ago with a St Jude's valve. Since then I have developed Atrial Flutter which I take a couple of meds for and it seems to be OK. Would love to get off the meds, which I did once before through diet and other stuff but have not been as disciplined as I need to be. My athletic endeavors are more around the walking and hiking. Not much into running but think it would be cool to cross a marathon off the bucket list, although its way down the list. Other than that good to be here and have fun jocolor
HerbW

Back to top Go down

Re: Greetings

Post by Rachel August on Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:31 am

Hi Herb!!!

I remember you from the CA site - good to hear from you here!!!! My husband has got family in West Montana (Butte) but they used to live up in the NW corner (Kalispell) did some camping up in Glacier a few years ago - would love to go back....maybe stop by your way to say hi!

You're more ambitious than I am with your long term running goals....I'm sticking to halfs!!! Anyway - great to hear from you!

Rachel August

Back to top Go down

Post by HerbW on Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:33 pm

That marathon is a one time maybe. Currently I don't even run 5K races so I stick to watching you guys run by.

If you went to Glacier in recent years then you probably drove right by our house. You're welcome to stop by anytime.
HerbW

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:50 pm

Hey Herb, great to see you again!!!

Say, isn't that a new recliner you have there? jocolor

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Watch out gang, there's a new sheriff in town.

Post by Gary E on Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:03 pm

It's about time you got on here. You will take a lot of the pressure off me now. These folks just don't take me seriously. But you will take that banter to a whole 'nother level.
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by HerbW on Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:07 pm

Dave Tuttle wrote:Hey Herb, great to see you again!!!

Say, isn't that a new recliner you have there? jocolor

Great to see you Dave. I do have a new recliner, but that's not it in my pic. I wore that one out and sold it for scrap at a yard sale.
HerbW

Back to top Go down

Post by HerbW on Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:15 pm

Gary E wrote:It's about time you got on here.

Hey I got here as fast as I could.

Gary E wrote:These folks just don't take me seriously.

Sounds like they know you.

Gary E wrote: You will take that banter to a whole 'nother level.

'nother lower level maybe

HerbW

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary E on Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:08 pm

HerbW wrote:If you went to Glacier in recent years then you probably drove right by our house.  You're welcome to stop by anytime.

I might take you up on this offer, unless it was just for Rachel, as I'm toying with the idea of leaving the ballclub this summer and doing a bit of traveling instead of attempting to keep drunken fans in check.

Shortly after retirement, I took advantage of an Amtrak deal that allowed Linda and I to travel for a month at a very reasonable cost. We visited friends in Pittsburgh for a few days, then rode up to Minneapolis for a week with my brother, back to Chi-town, then out to Colorado for a week of climbing, before returning home. All of the layovers were in homes of friends or relatives so I didn't spend much on lodging, but I was still too cheap to pay an extra hundo or so to cross into the western region (the plan had the country divided into four zones and all of mine were within one zone). This year I may pony up the extra because I want to see Glacier, the Pacific N.W., and perhaps take the coastal line down to Frisco, before heading back to the midwest (with a stop-over in Colorado, of course).
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by HerbW on Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:54 pm

Gary, of course you can stop by. But the closet train station is 85 miles away. We'd have to coordinate our schedules so we could drive up to see you and Linda.
HerbW

Back to top Go down

Right now it looks like mid July for our big vacation

Post by Gary E on Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:24 am

It's still just a "pipe dream" (because I did finally look into the cost of such a lengthy adventure), but I may just scale back a bit and spend time in the mountains of Colorado this summer instead. We did that very thing for several decades until the person that hosted us got really sick. He's still terminal, but is in a state of remission that would allow him to at least be out there even if he can't hike and climb with us. You just may have to take a slightly longer drive, but if you could swing it, I know he has plenty of room. The same goes to all the rest of you. We've had as many as ten in the two condo's he owns.

I posted a photo on my gallery page to show how neat it is to be well above the clouds. Of course, everyone is always telling me that my head is in the clouds with just about everything I do.
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by HerbW on Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:02 pm

Gary E wrote:It's still just a "pipe dream" my head is in the clouds with just about everything I do.
cheers

Either way, enjoy whatever trip you end up taking. I still hope to make one of the Annual gatherings to meet this bunch. Maybe this year.

HerbW

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:00 am

HerbW wrote: I still hope to make one of the Annual gatherings to meet this bunch.  Maybe this year.

It would be great to finally meet you Herb! I hope you can make it...

Should we ask the hotel about a room with a recliner or would you bring your own?

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum