heartorg
All information contained within this forum is strictly the opinion of the person posting it and should in no way be considered medical advice. You should always consult your health care provider prior to making any changes in your activity level.
By viewing this forum you are agreeing to the following:
I hereby, intending to be legally bound for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, waive and release any and all rights for liability and damages I may have against any officer, agent, employee, or volunteer of H.E.A.R.T. and their representatives, successors, and assigns for any and all injuries or death suffered by me in or arising from my use of the information contained herein.
Link To HEART Web Site
Cleveland Clinic Sports Cardiology
Here
Latest topics
» LogARun Leaderboard
by Gary E Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:19 pm

» Update since ablation
by Gary E Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:00 pm

» Statins Or Not?
by twal Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:16 pm

» PRP injections for tendonosis
by EugeneRunner Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:44 pm

» Swimming for exercise - not competitively
by Gary E Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:17 pm

» Tell Us About Your Surgery Or Procedure.
by mikenall Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:24 pm

» 2017 Goals and Races?
by jerseyguy Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:09 pm

» 2016 Wrapup
by RoadKillBill Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:19 pm

» Florence Half Marathon
by jerseyguy Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:27 am

by Admin Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:28 am

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of heartorg on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Where is everybody?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Where is everybody?

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:11 pm

Life is busy, we all have a lot going on......hope you all are doing well and staying healthy.  

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is everybody?

Post by twal on Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:10 am

While it's a good time of year to run in Texas, it's a time for recovery up north. I was going to race on Saturday but there was a cold rain, as we've been getting all week. My toes are usually wet, numb and frozen by the time I get a mile into my run. One day I didn't feel that one toe was bleeding and I came home to a sock full of blood. (And winter is just starting).

twal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:34 pm

Thanks for asking Louise. It has been pretty quiet around here lately.

I'm still here but laying kinda low... My running has been rotten for the last several months. Trying to get through a torn meniscus without surgery and I'm just starting to run again. The good thing is that it's a non heart problem sunny

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by BeanCounter on Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:51 pm

Still here...after a couple of good fall races (Hot Chocolate 15K and 8K Turkey Trot), I finally got my annual Fall cold. It kept me off the pavement for 9 days and I just got back into it 2 weeks ago. December 1st marked the official start of spring marathon training for me (Illinois marathon in late April). Put in a solid 60 mile week last week and am targeting the same this week.

BeanCounter

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary E on Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:29 am

I just accepted a new member on our logarun.com team and try and keep track of all of you by checking the "leaderboards" on that site every morning. Big shoutout to Don and Russ who sit atop the "50+" category today with 54.6 and 44 miles respectively for the week. Those guys are amazing!!!
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary E on Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:27 am

In a previous posting, Rachel had mentioned a litany of physical challenges that had plagued her training prior to the Harrisburg race. Somehow, she managed to put all that behind her as she performed fantastically (as evidenced by the victorious pose as she crosses the finish line) in her current avatar photo. However, I know the real reason for her maladies. Check the calendar, Rach, I think your troubles started when your Spartans lost to my Buckeyes!!!

BTW, I should have sent your monogrammed glass back (or at least sent you the OSU equivalent), but I really do enjoy the insulated construction, so I'm going to keep using it daily.

Last edited by Gary E on Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : explanation of previously deleted post)
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel August on Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:43 pm

Gary E wrote:Check the calendar, Rach, I think your troubles started when your Spartans lost to my Buckeyes!!!

BTW, I should have sent your monogrammed glass back (or at least sent you the OSU equivalent), but I really do enjoy the insulated construction, so I'm going to keep using it daily.

Yeah, well that's how it goes you know? I haven't been keeping up with any collegiate sports (or any other type of pop culture) due to the fact that I don't have TV in the traditional sense.

Glad you're enjoying the vessel - my gift to you - keep it always!!! (You need that green balance in your life anyway) - and you will notice that my new avatar is sporting a nice shade of RED which in NO WAY means that I've crossed over!

Rachel August

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary E on Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:35 am

I love the "green" reference above. I'm sure that it is a tongue in cheek reference to my unhealthy diet. But actually, I own stock in McDonald's and Burger King so I feel that I have to personally keep them solvent in this era of "healthy eating".

Naturally, the color of your wardrobe is most becoming when worn by one crossing the finish line in victorious fashion.
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Thayer on Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:11 pm

Welll Louise...after guiding Ms. R to a rather impressive finish in H-burg and then jumpin in the car for 7 hours for the return flight...things are just beginning to turn for the better physically ...but it's running in the dark time of year....temps have been ok so I'm going to start the ramp up for Austin...had toyed with doing the full but my more rational side has me focusing in on the half. Trying the treadmill as trainer for the first time...not much for distance but certainly can get a work out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel August on Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:02 am

That's right - Harrisburg was amazing for me.....since I earned a post-surgery PR there - and that was days after I had bounced back from catching the worst cold of my life - in fact I was so sick that the virus I caught left its mark on my arms and legs in the form of a rash that is still with me to this day.

After Harrisburg I ran my foot into a nasty state of plantar fasciitis - I couldn't even bear to stand on my foot for a while and now I'm still limping along.....but that could be because I'm still trying to run on it.....I just can't believe that I'm quickly losing all the fitness I worked so hard to get!

I've been in quite a mood lately - but here are some pictures of better times

Rachel August

Back to top Go down

Post by kyoung on Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:40 pm

I just can't seem to put a few months together over last few years. Just a run of bad luck. This summer was ended by Achilles issues. Then a month after a slow return from that my back has gone out again. I just want a year of injury/health free issues. Here is to 2015, I just want to race again.

kyoung

Back to top Go down

Not to put a damper on your comeback, but...

Post by Gary E on Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:19 pm

I hate to break the news to you Kev, but it is a very rare specimen, like Russ (Russwyd) and C.G. (EugeneRunner) that can stay on top of their game forever. Remember a guy named Tiger Woods for example? Even the age group winners here in Columbus all seem to be "newbies" that picked up the sport late in their life. Apparently their legs, feet, and back are not as beaten-up as those of us that have been at it for quite a long spell.  I'm not saying you that can't also break the mold, but I've certainly learned how to re-adjust my goals and perspective.
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by marathonman60 on Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:18 pm

Yes, I've been running for 56 years. But the back has curtailed my running the last 4 years. I've deliberately slowed down. I'm fine with slow running. But I have an 80 year old friend still trying to get faster. You don't get faster at 80. He should be happy to still be out running!
Tom C

marathonman60

http://www.tom'srunningtoday-blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RoadKillBill on Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:48 am

Je préférais les contrôles en français Sad

I've been mostly rudderless in my sport activity since the Bourbon Chase. I had a nice visit with my daughter when she accompanied my on a TGD 11K run, but lousy weather and absence of daylight has otherwise pushed me indoors to the dreadmill, with its profound mileage-lowering effect. A bit of swimming, a few short weekend rides on my salt bike, some strength training - the moderation and variety is probably good for me physically. The good news is that all of my parts are working pretty well. YouTube physical therapy instructions have been great for my ailing shoulder Smile

RoadKillBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:39 pm

Billcobit wrote:Je préférais les contrôles en français Sad

Ha ha ha... I had to look that up Laughing
Admin
Admin

http://heartorg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: