heartorg
All information contained within this forum is strictly the opinion of the person posting it and should in no way be considered medical advice. You should always consult your health care provider prior to making any changes in your activity level.
By viewing this forum you are agreeing to the following:
I hereby, intending to be legally bound for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, waive and release any and all rights for liability and damages I may have against any officer, agent, employee, or volunteer of H.E.A.R.T. and their representatives, successors, and assigns for any and all injuries or death suffered by me in or arising from my use of the information contained herein.
Link To HEART Web Site
Cleveland Clinic Sports Cardiology
Here
Latest topics
» We Lost A Dear Friend Today
by Gary E Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:53 pm

» LogARun Leaderboard
by EugeneRunner Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:09 am

» Linda Evans Memorial Fund and Family Statement
by Dave Tuttle Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:29 am

» Update since ablation
by Gary E Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:00 pm

» Statins Or Not?
by twal Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:16 pm

» PRP injections for tendonosis
by EugeneRunner Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:44 pm

» Swimming for exercise - not competitively
by Gary E Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:17 pm

» Tell Us About Your Surgery Or Procedure.
by mikenall Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:24 pm

» 2017 Goals and Races?
by jerseyguy Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:09 pm

» 2016 Wrapup
by RoadKillBill Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:19 pm

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of heartorg on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Lake Effect?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lake Effect?

Post by Dave Tuttle on Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:51 pm

Who near the great lakes has been hammered by this storm? We have a lot of members that are most likely dealing with a lot of snow... Rachel, Tom, Kevin, Bill, Mike, Linda, Tom P? I've probably missed some... We are just south of the problems Buffalo is having but I have friends who are dealing with 7 or more feet of snow with more forecast for tonight.

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Re: Lake Effect?

Post by RoadKillBill on Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:12 pm

Not much here, maybe 2". Rachel's 'hood got some snow.

RoadKillBill

Back to top Go down

Post by mikenall on Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:38 pm

Have about 18" here. Dodged a major bullet. A couple days ago they were predicting feet of snow here but the wind direction kept everything over the lake until it got to Buffalo. I was going to go to Niagara on the Lake this weekend. It looks like that plan is about to change.

Biotronik Evia DR-T dual chamber pacemaker August 2013
mikenall

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel August on Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:06 am

We've got some snow - most schools and colleges (except for mine) were closed on Tuesday - but I think we've only gotten probably 2.5 to 3 feet so far so nothing big. It's cold (as in negative wind chills) but we're expecting freezing rain on Saturday and temps in the 40's on Sunday....so it'll all melt by T-day.

Driving has been a challenge to say the least....road crews didn't get out right away so ALL the roads were basically ice rinks....now there is at least one major road with a nice two-track feature.....not ideal but driveable. The wind and blowing snow adds that special something to the commute....and yesterday my gas tank cover froze over so getting fuel also requires some special innovations.....

Rachel August

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom price on Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:39 am

Just 1" here!  The Lake Ontario band has been up by Watertown.  Syracuse is already worried we won't be the snowiest city in the U.S. Again this season (Erie, PA beT us least year).  
I miss living in Buffalo!  On a side note, a childhood friend of my daughter's is scheduled to have AVR and his  aneurysm repaired next Tuesday in Buffalo.  I have been emailing him to try and keep things in perspective.  He lives in the snow belt so missed his preadmission tests because of the storm.  He is 41, so on the young side for this, but I told him to go with the flow....it he is rescheduled, it's not the end of the world.
Tom price

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Thayer on Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:59 am

Next to the REALLY big lake we gots nuthin'...just steady winds from the NW...a tad early for the Frosty the Snowman running garb but you go with what works.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bean Counter on Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:07 pm

Just some very lite dustings here in Chicago.
Bean Counter

Back to top Go down

Post by jerseyguy on Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:55 pm

Wow! Hope everyone is safe. Grew up in New York but this beats anything I ever experienced. Ice is more treacherous than snow Rachel and hope you folks are okay.

jerseyguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:46 pm

Know how I said I want my four seasons back? Well, we had a freeze for several days, warmed up nicely this past weekend. The trees needed just that little bit of cold snap to show their beautiful fall colors. I'll have to take a couple pics and post them. You would not think to find these in TX. Usually we go from green leaves to brown and drop off of the tree. Smile

Oh, and I ran very low mileage on the treadmill last week (cold) and Saturday (rain), still prefer to run outdoors.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:41 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel August on Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:10 pm

Here's something from Runner's World - 14 thoughts every runner has during a cold run

http://m.runnersworld.com/fun/14-thoughts-every-runner-has-during-a-cold-run?page=single

Oh - beautiful pictures Louise!!!

Rachel August

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum