heartorg
All information contained within this forum is strictly the opinion of the person posting it and should in no way be considered medical advice. You should always consult your health care provider prior to making any changes in your activity level.
By viewing this forum you are agreeing to the following:
I hereby, intending to be legally bound for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, waive and release any and all rights for liability and damages I may have against any officer, agent, employee, or volunteer of H.E.A.R.T. and their representatives, successors, and assigns for any and all injuries or death suffered by me in or arising from my use of the information contained herein.
Link To HEART Web Site
Cleveland Clinic Sports Cardiology
Here
Latest topics
» LogARun Leaderboard
by Gary E Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:19 pm

» Update since ablation
by Gary E Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:00 pm

» Statins Or Not?
by twal Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:16 pm

» PRP injections for tendonosis
by EugeneRunner Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:44 pm

» Swimming for exercise - not competitively
by Gary E Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:17 pm

» Tell Us About Your Surgery Or Procedure.
by mikenall Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:24 pm

» 2017 Goals and Races?
by jerseyguy Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:09 pm

» 2016 Wrapup
by RoadKillBill Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:19 pm

» Florence Half Marathon
by jerseyguy Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:27 am

by Admin Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:28 am

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of heartorg on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

2014 Harrisburg Gathering Update

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2014 Harrisburg Gathering Update

Post by Dave Tuttle on Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:06 pm

There's less than a month to go now until HEART's 9th annual gathering of heart patient runners and we're getting very excited!! We have another great turnout this year and an exciting weekend planned. This year's race, the Harrisburg Marathon and Team Relay is our second time running in Harrisburg. It was a well liked race the first time we ran there and with the recent changes in transition locations it should be even better. We have all the details pretty well wrapped up now so here's the latest:

All 4 relay teams are now filled and registered and we also have some new team members:

Tom Walski's running friend and local runner Steve S. is the final member of Tom Price's team... Welcome to the group Steve!

Global Hero Kristen H.-W. joined as a sub but we really need her to run at this point... My knee is not good (MRI next week) and another of our runners is unsure if he will be able to run as well so we've told Kristen she WILL have a leg to run. Thanks Kristen and welcome to the group!

Our second and most recent sub Phil P. just found our group on line and offered to run if needed and there is a good chance we will need him too... Thanks Phil, we're looking forward to meeting you!

Our race shirt order has been completed and Mike will be getting them soon. They sound like they're going to look really cool with the new HEART logo and Mike says we'll have plenty of shirts for our new runners too! Thanks for all your work designing and getting the shirts made Mike!

Our plans for Saturday's pre race social hour(s) and dinner at the Hilton are complete. All participants will receive details and submit their menu choices via e mail in the next week or so. Friday evening dinning plans for early arrivals will be announced by e mail soon too.

So, everything is set and looking good...With about 30 of our friends attending, 16 HEART runners on 4 teams in the race, and 2 walking wounded wishing they were running there will be plenty of excitement out there on the race course and lots of support at the transitions... The race is only one part of the fun though. The best part will be the good times at our social events and hanging out with all our HEART Buddies, and did I mention Tom said he will be bringing his home made wine! What else could we need for a great weekend?

There's still time to get in on the fun in Harrisburg... It may be hard to fill another relay team now but we can always fit in more at the dinner and in the cheering section on race day!

See you all in Harrisburg!

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Re: 2014 Harrisburg Gathering Update

Post by Bellthorpe on Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:44 pm

About what time do you think we'll wrap up on the Sunday? My wife has to fly to Vietnam that evening, from Dulles. It will depend on the afternoon timing whether she can join us on Sat/Sun or not.
Bellthorpe

http://coolrunning.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:23 am

The Relay starts at 8:00am so I think all our runners should be in by 1:00 to 1:30 Craig and the finish area is just a couple of blocks from our hotel. If you run one of the first 2 legs you could leave even earlier if necessary. BTW, we do have late check out... See you in Harrisburg!

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellthorpe on Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:18 pm

I've replied to the group email to say that Ruth can't join us, because of travel arrangements. She's going to Manila for work for a week, then to Vietnam. She's disappointed, was looking forward to seeing you all. She sends her best wishes.

Last edited by Bellthorpe on Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correct spelling)
Bellthorpe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:35 am

Sorry we won't get to meet Ruth this time Craig... Hopefully we'll meet her at the 2015 gathering.

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellthorpe on Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:23 am

This means though that I have no time constraints, so I'm happy to run any leg.
Bellthorpe

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum