heartorg
All information contained within this forum is strictly the opinion of the person posting it and should in no way be considered medical advice. You should always consult your health care provider prior to making any changes in your activity level.
By viewing this forum you are agreeing to the following:
I hereby, intending to be legally bound for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, waive and release any and all rights for liability and damages I may have against any officer, agent, employee, or volunteer of H.E.A.R.T. and their representatives, successors, and assigns for any and all injuries or death suffered by me in or arising from my use of the information contained herein.
Link To HEART Web Site
Cleveland Clinic Sports Cardiology
Here
Latest topics
» We Lost A Dear Friend Today
by Gary E Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:53 pm

» LogARun Leaderboard
by EugeneRunner Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:09 am

» Linda Evans Memorial Fund and Family Statement
by Dave Tuttle Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:29 am

» Update since ablation
by Gary E Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:00 pm

» Statins Or Not?
by twal Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:16 pm

» PRP injections for tendonosis
by EugeneRunner Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:44 pm

» Swimming for exercise - not competitively
by Gary E Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:17 pm

» Tell Us About Your Surgery Or Procedure.
by mikenall Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:24 pm

» 2017 Goals and Races?
by jerseyguy Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:09 pm

» 2016 Wrapup
by RoadKillBill Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:19 pm

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of heartorg on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Bourbon Chase Update - June..

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bourbon Chase Update - June..

Post by echoguy on Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:31 pm

Hey Everybody:

Plans are coming along great for a HEART van at the Bourbon Chase in October. We have a team, a van rented, hotel rooms reserved.. just need another runner or two. We are all going to run hard, but we will not be a super competitive team. All speeds are welcome!! So if you are thinking of joining, please let us know.

So far the following have shown interest and we are currently holding a space on the team for:

Bill
Marc
Louise and hubby Dave
Tony (Luckylindy)
Brian (me)

We have room for 8 in the van (six runners plus driver and navigator), so we have room for one or two more.

The plan will be to meet in Cincinnati on Thursday, Oct 9. We can put up the whole team at our house if you do not mind sleeping on couches and blow up mattresses. We will drive to our starting line on Friday morning and will be finished with the relay on Saturday early evening.

Hope you can join us!!! Please let us know soon so we can get you on the roster.

Cleveland Clinic
echoguy

Back to top Go down

Re: Bourbon Chase Update - June..

Post by RoadKillBill on Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:25 pm

I am still up for this, if you guys can accommodate my slow pace. Per the race site:

What is the slowest pace a team can run?

Teams must be able to average 10:30 per mile to complete in The Bourbon Chase. You may have individuals that run a slower pace, but the overall average must be at least 10:30 per mile or roughly under 35 hours for the whole route

I am afraid that I will most likely be at an 11:00 pace -- sorry, I have a crappy LVEF and just can't generate that much horsepower. But if you'll have me I'll be honored and grateful to join you!

I have gotten past my PF through rest, stretching and a night splint -- just now starting to ramp up again and feeling quite good. Per the race site I understand that legs are on the order of 3 miles, 6 miles, 9 miles. That will be very do-able for me.

RoadKillBill

Back to top Go down

Post by echoguy on Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:37 pm

Hey Bill. 11:00 miles will be just great. We will have lots of variety in our speed for the overall team.

Would Renee be interested in running on the team with us? Or driving or navigating?

Cleveland Clinic
echoguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:22 pm

We all are going to have a lot of fun!  This is a first for me so running three times in 24 hours without much sleep, piece of cake (I hope)  lol!   I also agree with Brian, we'll have paces all over so no pressure to go out there and run like a rabbit, run what we can although I'm sure the excitement will give me a little boost.  Smile

FYI, Dave wouldn't let me buy a tutu in New Orleans so I guess we are not wearing them.  He said there is no way he's running in a tutu.   lol! lol!  Maybe I can find some blinkies for my running shoes.  Cool 

Back to top Go down

Post by RoadKillBill on Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:40 pm

Renee would love to run but she's prone to injury and is concerned about letting a team down if she cracks a bone and can't make good on her commitment. I can probably talk her into a support role at minimum.

RoadKillBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Thayer on Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:49 pm

Thanks Dave...

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Thayer on Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:56 pm

BTW..I don't think I'll be 100% on the training schedule they have posted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:13 pm

I am trying new running shoes, Brooks Dyad 7,  and using my orthotics again.  Have my headlamp for night running and the red light to clip on my reflective vest.  I run before work so up at 4:45 am, out the door by 5:40. This week I started using the headlamp in the morning, first light arrives about 6:15 now, lamp is not bouncy, I like it.  No one is out around here at 5:40 a.m. except deer, NICE. No cars to deal with.  We hit 100 last Sunday and Monday, running after work won't work until fall.  Training is going well, met my goal of running 5 days a week, 25.46 miles this week, 9:17 avg pace. Hopefully make it to 30 by mid August.    Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:26 am

LMRun wrote:I am trying new running shoes, Brooks Dyad 7,  and using my orthotics again.  Have my headlamp for night running and the red light to clip on my reflective vest.  I run before work so up at 4:45 am, out the door by 5:40. This week I started using the headlamp in the morning, first light arrives about 6:15 now, lamp is not bouncy, I like it.  No one is out around here at 5:40 a.m. except deer, NICE. No cars to deal with.  We hit 100 last Sunday and Monday, running after work won't work until fall.  Training is going well, met my goal of running 5 days a week, 25.46 miles this week, 9:17 avg pace.  Hopefully make it to 30 by mid August.    Cool

Sounds like your training is going very well Louise... Great!!

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by echoguy on Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:40 pm

Way to go Louise!! Please stay healthy!!

Cleveland Clinic
echoguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel August on Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:14 am

Great runs Louise! Keep it up!

Rachel August

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary E on Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:46 am

This reminds me of my team-relay days of a several decades ago (the Great Lakes Relay is a three-day event in that "state up north" that Linda & I ran every year for fourteen years ). I wish the date wasn't the week prior to her marathon (or my half) because I would have been interested.
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Thayer on Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:44 am

Hmmm....G-Man cops yet another excuse.
(and here I was training up for the throw down)

Back to top Go down

Post by RoadKillBill on Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:11 am

This looks like a blast! Everyone looks so fast and fit, too.

RoadKillBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum