heartorg
All information contained within this forum is strictly the opinion of the person posting it and should in no way be considered medical advice. You should always consult your health care provider prior to making any changes in your activity level.
By viewing this forum you are agreeing to the following:
I hereby, intending to be legally bound for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, waive and release any and all rights for liability and damages I may have against any officer, agent, employee, or volunteer of H.E.A.R.T. and their representatives, successors, and assigns for any and all injuries or death suffered by me in or arising from my use of the information contained herein.
Link To HEART Web Site
Cleveland Clinic Sports Cardiology
Here
Latest topics
» LogARun Leaderboard
by EugeneRunner Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:09 am

» We Lost A Dear Friend Today
by Gary E Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:13 pm

» Linda Evans Memorial Fund and Family Statement
by Dave Tuttle Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:29 am

» Update since ablation
by Gary E Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:00 pm

» Statins Or Not?
by twal Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:16 pm

» PRP injections for tendonosis
by EugeneRunner Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:44 pm

» Swimming for exercise - not competitively
by Gary E Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:17 pm

» Tell Us About Your Surgery Or Procedure.
by mikenall Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:24 pm

» 2017 Goals and Races?
by jerseyguy Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:09 pm

» 2016 Wrapup
by RoadKillBill Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:19 pm

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of heartorg on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

My half in two weeks

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My half in two weeks

Post by Rachel August on Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:15 pm

How in the world does anyone train for and run a marathon?!?!?!? I know, I know….. most ALL of you guys do this without much thought (and some run forever – Russ and Brian) – I guess I’ve always been a little distanced challenged…..having said that I just wanted to report that my training for my next half is going well - still I’M SO GLAD I’M ALMOST DONE!!!

Past couple weeks I’ve managed to run two 13.22 mile runs (both on consecutive Sundays) and this morning I finished a 10 miler….barely…..

This week was especially tough for me because I crammed in my weekly runs together so that I could run on Saturday instead of Sunday all because Sunday looks to be hot and humid – and you know what – I hate humidity and ever since my surgery I can’t run in it AT ALL!

So…… just wanted to write this up because my training has again reminded me how much in AWE I am of everyone here who trains for and runs marathons and beyond – my hat off to all of you in DEEP respect!

Rachel August

Back to top Go down

Re: My half in two weeks

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:46 pm

You are a Champion!  You inspire all of us on this site and the visitors who read your posts.  So, without further ado.....I'm dating myself here, but only for you.....

I am so looking forward to running the Chase with you, guess what, our and Brian's enthusiasm has caused my Dave to join us, either as a driver, a substitute runner, or a participant if Brian needs to fill a team.  

We love you Rachel, you are a pillar of strength and a good friend.  I thought about you when I ran my measly 6 miles today.   I love you I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by trishb on Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:08 am

YOU GO GIRL!!!
Your training is going great! Your adrenaline will be pumping the day of the race, so I have no doubt you will do super!!!!

I can certainly relate to the mileage thing. When I used to "run", I would be counting the steps...that is how crazy running made me.

13 miles would be alot of steps to count.  Shocked 

trishb

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel August on Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:52 am

Thanks Louise and Trish for your kind words and support!

Yes Trish I agree - 13 miles is a lot of steps to count! I don’t count…..my feet just hurt!

Louise – thanks for posting Queen – LOVE LOVE LOVE Freddie Mercury (rest his soul) and Queen – one of my favorite bands! This should be our site’s anthem!

Personally I’ve always related to the beginning of this song
“I've paid my dues
Time after time
I've done my sentence
But committed no crime
And bad mistakes
I've made a few
I've had my share of sand
Kicked in my face
But I've come through”

I'm pretty sure this speaks to all of us!

Rachel August

Back to top Go down

Post by DonSoule on Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:11 pm

Good luck in your Half in 2 weeks!!  You'll do great!!!  Very Happy 
What Half are you doing?

I'll be doing Grandma's Marathon in Duluth MN in two weeks too (on Saturday June 21)  Since I didn't get enough training in because of the hamstring injury that happened the week before the Heart Mini, I won't be trying for my best time, it will just be run as another weekend long training run for a marathon in the fall (but I still hope to finish with a better time than I did in my last 2 Grandma's Marathons Smile)

Pacemaker, January 16, 2009
Boston Scientific, Altrua 60 S602
Fairview Southdale Hospital
Minneapolis, MN
DonSoule

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum