heartorg
All information contained within this forum is strictly the opinion of the person posting it and should in no way be considered medical advice. You should always consult your health care provider prior to making any changes in your activity level.
By viewing this forum you are agreeing to the following:
I hereby, intending to be legally bound for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, waive and release any and all rights for liability and damages I may have against any officer, agent, employee, or volunteer of H.E.A.R.T. and their representatives, successors, and assigns for any and all injuries or death suffered by me in or arising from my use of the information contained herein.
Link To HEART Web Site
Cleveland Clinic Sports Cardiology
Here
Latest topics
» We Lost A Dear Friend Today
by Gary E Yesterday at 8:53 pm

» LogARun Leaderboard
by EugeneRunner Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:09 am

» Linda Evans Memorial Fund and Family Statement
by Dave Tuttle Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:29 am

» Update since ablation
by Gary E Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:00 pm

» Statins Or Not?
by twal Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:16 pm

» PRP injections for tendonosis
by EugeneRunner Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:44 pm

» Swimming for exercise - not competitively
by Gary E Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:17 pm

» Tell Us About Your Surgery Or Procedure.
by mikenall Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:24 pm

» 2017 Goals and Races?
by jerseyguy Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:09 pm

» 2016 Wrapup
by RoadKillBill Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:19 pm

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of heartorg on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Welcime natashal

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Welcime natashal

Post by Admin on Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:25 pm

Welcome to the HEART forum natashal we hope you'll introduce yourself and join the conversation.
Admin
Admin

http://heartorg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcime natashal

Post by natashal on Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:57 am

Hi, sorry for the VERY late reply, was in and out of hospital for two months. In short, competitive runner, 39, female hit by sustained vtach while running 8 miler, and had another syncope episode. All sorts of tests done! Finally got an ICD and on betas. Just three weeks ago I started running....er slogging through some miles. Been shooting for 3 miles every other day and walking about 4-5 miles in between. Really was walking 4 miles as soon as I got released from hospital 12 weeks ago, but had to keep it at that for ICD leads to heal and well..I was pretty weak. SO..does the fear of getting shocked get easier? Hoping that the miles feel easier soon. Docs are still not sure what the heck caused my scar on my ventricle. happy to be on my feet though and running. Anyone else have similar experiences? Would love the support.

sustained vtach, scarring on right vent. -
cause still TBD!

natashal

http://www.natashalatona.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mikenall on Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:06 pm

Hi Natashal,
Welcome to the group. I was also diagnosed with VT a little over a year ago. I had 2 episodes of syncope (one of them off the side of a boat into Lake Erie). I do not have an ICD but ended up with a dual chamber pacemaker. You did not mention if the ICD is also doing any pacing, but you can assume it is monitoring and recording any irregular heartbeats. The beta blockers will definitely affect your running, but that is an issue you need to deal with later. I have been off beta blockers and back on them in the last 13 months and am very close to being off of them again. As far as the fear of getting shocked, we have several members with ICDs. If they don't check in perhaps we'll reach out to them for advice. I know for a fact they initially dealt with that fear. 230 is a very high threshold for a shock. I've never known anyone to have it set that high. I do know someone who got shocked while he was conscious, but he was set at 180 and was doing something he knew he shouldn't have been doing. At some point you'll probably stop worrying. When my issues started I was afraid to get in the water again, and had a great deal of difficulty running. Last Saturday I won a gold medal in the Senior Olympics triathlon. Please keep asking questions and we'll try to answer them.

Biotronik Evia DR-T dual chamber pacemaker August 2013
mikenall

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel August on Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:10 pm

Hi Natashal - welcome!

I don't have an ICD - my issue is an aortic valve replacement - just wanted to welcome you and let you know that I'm glad to hear that you're still running- I'd say for now in the short term anyway try to give yourself a break - don't be too hard on yourself if you're not running like you're used to. I had my own fears of running again after my surgery (nothing like the fear of getting shocked) - but nonetheless it was hard for me mentally to jump back in.....I'm fine now.

Hope someone here with experience similar to yours will chime in soon.

Rachel August

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum