heartorg
All information contained within this forum is strictly the opinion of the person posting it and should in no way be considered medical advice. You should always consult your health care provider prior to making any changes in your activity level.
By viewing this forum you are agreeing to the following:
I hereby, intending to be legally bound for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, waive and release any and all rights for liability and damages I may have against any officer, agent, employee, or volunteer of H.E.A.R.T. and their representatives, successors, and assigns for any and all injuries or death suffered by me in or arising from my use of the information contained herein.
Link To HEART Web Site
Cleveland Clinic Sports Cardiology
Here
Latest topics
» LogARun Leaderboard
by EugeneRunner Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:09 am

» We Lost A Dear Friend Today
by Gary E Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:13 pm

» Linda Evans Memorial Fund and Family Statement
by Dave Tuttle Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:29 am

» Update since ablation
by Gary E Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:00 pm

» Statins Or Not?
by twal Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:16 pm

» PRP injections for tendonosis
by EugeneRunner Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:44 pm

» Swimming for exercise - not competitively
by Gary E Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:17 pm

» Tell Us About Your Surgery Or Procedure.
by mikenall Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:24 pm

» 2017 Goals and Races?
by jerseyguy Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:09 pm

» 2016 Wrapup
by RoadKillBill Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:19 pm

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of heartorg on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

A Summer Adventure?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Summer Adventure?

Post by Dave Tuttle on Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:03 am

Gary and I have been talking about getting together for another adventure somewhere this summer. We haven't settled on a date or location yet or even what we want to do but it would probably involve hiking, running, maybe some biking, and possibly something involving water. We've talked about a couple of possibilities already and are open to suggestions too. Is anyone interested in getting in on this?

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Re: A Summer Adventure?

Post by RoadKillBill on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:52 am

I can't foresee my own participation  Crying or Very sad but it sounds like a great time. I REALLY enjoyed the trip you took me on last summer, Dave.

RoadKillBill

Back to top Go down

Post by marathonman60 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:58 pm

Hawaii or New Zealand?
Tom C

marathonman60

http://www.tom'srunningtoday-blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel August on Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:07 pm

marathonman60 wrote:Hawaii or New Zealand?
Tom C

Or ICELAND!?!?!?!

I'm in.....depending on when in the summer......and define "summer" does that mean above 60 degrees......cuz that might not happen.....at least not where I'm from

Rachel August

Back to top Go down

Post by twal on Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:07 am

Pine Creek around Wellsboro might be nice. It has running, biking, hiking, canoeing, kayaking.

twal

Back to top Go down

Post by russwyd on Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:05 am

Hey, we've got running and biking over here in the UK, and there's a fair stretch of water on the way  Very Happy 
russwyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:16 pm

Billcobit wrote:I can't foresee my own participation  Crying or Very sad but it sounds like a great time.  I REALLY enjoyed the trip you took me on last summer, Dave.  

That was a fun weekend Bill, we'll have to do it again sometime.

Rachel August wrote:I'm in.....depending on when in the summer......and define "summer" does that mean above 60 degrees......cuz that might not happen.....at least not where I'm from
Over 60 for sure Rachel... Glad you're in. We'll see who else is interested and start talking destination.

twal wrote:Pine Creek around Wellsboro might be nice. It has running, biking, hiking, canoeing, kayaking.

Pine Creek was one of the possibilities Gary and I talked about Tom... Would you be able to join us if we ended up there?

russwyd wrote:Hey, we've got running and biking over here in the UK, and there's a fair stretch of water on the way  Very Happy

Russ, that's an intriguing idea... We need Gary to get back on his computer and tell us if he's up to a kinda long paddle.

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by RoadKillBill on Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:58 am

Dave Tuttle wrote:
Billcobit wrote:I can't foresee my own participation  Crying or Very sad but it sounds like a great time.  I REALLY enjoyed the trip you took me on last summer, Dave.  

That was a fun weekend Bill, we'll have to do it again sometime.

Rachel August wrote:I'm in.....depending on when in the summer......and define "summer" does that mean above 60 degrees......cuz that might not happen.....at least not where I'm from
Over 60 for sure Rachel... Glad you're in. We'll see who else is interested and start talking destination.

twal wrote:Pine Creek around Wellsboro might be nice. It has running, biking, hiking, canoeing, kayaking.

Pine Creek was one of the possibilities Gary and I talked about Tom... Would you be able to join us if we ended up there?

russwyd wrote:Hey, we've got running and biking over here in the UK, and there's a fair stretch of water on the way  Very Happy

Russ, that's an intriguing idea... We need Gary to get back on his computer and tell us if he's up to a kinda long paddle.

RoadKillBill

Back to top Go down

Post by bsegall2 on Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:38 am

Pine Creek/Wellsboro PA sounds interesting to me.

Glad that Spring is finally here! (at least in Westchester County NY)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary E on Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:01 am

Here's a link to Pine Creek:
http://www.visittiogapa.com/railtrail.html

...and the 57 mile trail might just (barely) qualify as one of Russ' training runs.

Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:49 pm

The Pine Creek Gorge area really is a hidden jewel and it's very underutilized most of the year. It's only an hour from me so I spend a lot of time there...Gary hiked there a few years ago and Bill and I biked and kayaked there last summer. It's great running on the rail trail at the bottom of the gorge too. Here's more info.

http://www.pinecrk.com/

This certainly could be a place for some of us to meet up. There are nearby hotels and B&Bs plus a state campground on the edge of the West Rim that is not only beautiful but hardly used... I've been the only person staying there many times during the middle of the week.

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary E on Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:31 pm

Dave Tuttle wrote:...plus a state campground on the edge of the West Rim that is not only beautiful but hardly used... I've been the only person staying there many times during the middle of the week.

Yes, Dave, I've been meaning to tell you about that. The forest rangers allegedly put out a "all points bulletin" that you had signed in...and I guess the public took notice.

Just kidding. The truth is, they probably thought I was going to join you. But that was in my younger days. I've settled down considerably in the last few years, so if any of the rest of you want to join us - let's get a few available dates floated out there to see who is available (and when).
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by bsegall2 on Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:11 pm

As of now, I am available the weekends of July 5th, July 12th, July 26th, August 2nd and August 9th. Sounds like a good idea.
Regards, Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:37 am

Glad you want to join us Bruce... Any chance you can join us in GR too?

I'm fine with Pine Creek if everyone wants to go there and whatever we end up doing it will be fun. The Adirondacks could be another possibility. I know my way around up there pretty well. Gary and I went up in 2009 to watch Billcobit and his wife in the Lake Placid Iron man. We had a great time there and after the IM we spent a few days hiking and paddling around in a more remote area. Here are some pictures of that adventure:

http://s184.photobucket.com/user/tuttledm/slideshow/Gary%20and%20Dave

The times I'm available are mid May or August/September. June and July are haying time for me and my done date is pretty unpredictable due to the weather.

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel August on Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:33 am

I'm good with whatever location we choose -

I'm pretty much available all July and August (except for the weekend of August 23....we start school the next week and so people go nuts if you're not around for the pre-week festivities.....sigh)

I can do September with advance notice and the only weekend I have free in May is 5/17-5/18 (I've got races the other weekends and a potential library conference on the very last weekend of May...acceptance pending)

Like you Dave June is pretty much out for me - this year anyway

Hope it works out for me/Nate to join in...love to camp (tent style for us) - but if not hope you all have a great time!

Rachel August

Back to top Go down

Post by bsegall2 on Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:09 am

Hello, Hope everyone is enjoying the improved weather. It looks like early August would work for Dave, Rachel and me. Let me know if folks want to target a date.
Regards, Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary E on Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:25 am

Hi all, I was forced into the purchase of a laptop when my fourth rebuilt desktop finally succumbed...and I had to actually purchase something brand new. I know, my image has been severely tarnished, but so has my bank account!!!  It is also very challenging for a person of my dexterity (lack of, that is) to type on a flat keyboard.  I may now have to get a third job, but if that's what I must do in order to join you in a well-needed retreat from technology, I'm all for it.
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:33 am

bsegall2 wrote:Hello, Hope everyone is enjoying the improved weather.  It looks like early August would work for Dave, Rachel and me. Let me know if folks want to target a date.
Regards, Bruce

I think we could get a date on the calender now... I talked with Gary last night and he sounds like he's free early August and I am too. In a previous post you mentioned the weekends of Aug 2nd or 9th. Are either of these better for Rachel and Nate?

We'll be able to hike along the west rim of the canyon as well as down to some really nice waterfalls (if there's enough water). We can bike the rail trail at the bottom of the canyon and it's great running too. In August there probably won't be enough water in Pine Creek for paddling but there's still lots to do. Bike rentals and shuttles are available if necessary too.

http://www.pinecrk.com/

This is the campground I like http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/findapark/coltonpoint/index.htm

Anyone else interested?

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Thayer on Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:08 am

Another hmmmmm

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel August on Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:45 pm

BAV Birthday Girl and The Boss are available both weekends, however.....and this is important.....if we go August 2 - I'll be expecting cake....or presents....or at least someone needs to sing the "happy birthday" song to me!

Rachel August

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Thayer on Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:44 pm

< OMG..a BAV princess>

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel August on Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:08 am

Marc Thayer wrote:< OMG..a BAV princess>

Oh for the love…… I knew I was going to get sh*t by typing that – but that’s what I get for playing with (mostly) a bunch of boys….

So let me just set the record straight – you bet your sweet a$$ I’m a princess on my b-day!

Rachel August

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:34 am

Rachel August wrote:
Marc Thayer wrote:< OMG..a BAV princess>

Oh for the love…… I knew I was going to get sh*t by typing that – but that’s what I get for playing with (mostly) a bunch of boys….

So let me just set the record straight – you bet your sweet a$$ I’m a princess on my b-day!

Princess indeed!!  queen 

I would hate to shanghai your Birthday weekend by doing this on the 2nd Rachel... That is unless you really would feel like a  princess sitting around a campfire listening to five or more of your HEART Buddies destroy "Happy Birthday"...

And on the bright side, Gary's singing is known to be the best bear repellant ever.

It's your call, and you would of course still be a Princess the following weekend too.

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel August on Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:59 am

Either weekend is fine with me...Gary needs to sing to me regardless though!

Rachel August

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:52 pm

OK, I'll call it for the weekend of Aug. 9th and that gives Gary plenty of time to limber up his voice... I hope you can make it too Marc!!

Mountains, Water, Biking, Hiking, and Gary singing around the campfire at night... Sounds like fun to me.

Anyone else interested?

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum