heartorg
All information contained within this forum is strictly the opinion of the person posting it and should in no way be considered medical advice. You should always consult your health care provider prior to making any changes in your activity level.
By viewing this forum you are agreeing to the following:
I hereby, intending to be legally bound for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, waive and release any and all rights for liability and damages I may have against any officer, agent, employee, or volunteer of H.E.A.R.T. and their representatives, successors, and assigns for any and all injuries or death suffered by me in or arising from my use of the information contained herein.
Link To HEART Web Site
Cleveland Clinic Sports Cardiology
Here
Latest topics
» LogARun Leaderboard
by EugeneRunner Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:09 am

» We Lost A Dear Friend Today
by Gary E Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:13 pm

» Linda Evans Memorial Fund and Family Statement
by Dave Tuttle Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:29 am

» Update since ablation
by Gary E Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:00 pm

» Statins Or Not?
by twal Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:16 pm

» PRP injections for tendonosis
by EugeneRunner Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:44 pm

» Swimming for exercise - not competitively
by Gary E Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:17 pm

» Tell Us About Your Surgery Or Procedure.
by mikenall Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:24 pm

» 2017 Goals and Races?
by jerseyguy Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:09 pm

» 2016 Wrapup
by RoadKillBill Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:19 pm

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of heartorg on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Garmin Connect HEART Group

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Garmin Connect HEART Group

Post by Dave Tuttle on Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:57 pm

If you upload your runs/workouts to the Garmin Connect web site we do have a HEART group there that you can join. Once you join your runs/workouts are automatically visible to all members and you don't need to take any extra steps, just upload as usual.

To join, log into the Garmin Connect site, click Explore - Groups - Type in HEART and request membership.

We don't want to detract from the Log A Run site that many of us use in any way, this is just another easy way for HEART Garmin users to share with other HEART members while they're uploading their GPS.

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Re: Garmin Connect HEART Group

Post by Gary E on Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:51 pm

I just signed up, Dave. Now I have to remember to click the correct icon to make my runs "public" every time I view my route...that is if you "accept" me or whatever next step is necessary in the process.
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:13 pm

I signed up too!  

Back to top Go down

Post by echoguy on Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:12 am

I have requested. I generally get around to uploading my runs just once a week or so. I hope that does not mess anything up.

Cleveland Clinic
echoguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel August on Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:46 am

I don't have a Garmin - husband bought one for me years ago - I took it back......

If I ever get one again I'll join.

Rachel August

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:38 am

I'm new to Garmin so I need some help with uploading my data to the HEART group. I have my runs on my personal, just don't know how to have them show up in Heart.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:20 pm

LMRun wrote:I'm new to Garmin so I need some help with uploading my data to the HEART group.  I have my runs on my personal, just don't know how to have them show up in Heart.  

For your runs to be visible to the group it is necessary to change your privacy settings... This can be done by permanently changing your privacy settings OR by manually allowing the group to view every time you upload a run. To allow each time you upload, click the padlock icon at the top of your screen for the run you just uploaded and choose to allow the group to see that particular run.

To change your settings to cover all your runs: From your dashboard click your name at the upper right of the screen and then on the drop down click settings - On the settings screen click privacy - On "Who can see your new activities?" choose "My connections and groups" and you're done.

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:30 pm

I'm in, it worked, thank you so much!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:56 pm

I can see you now Louise... I think this will be another good way to keep up with our friends as is Log a Run.

Now if we can just get Rachel's Hubby to buy her another Garmin.

And who knew Gary was so high tech?? A Garmin? Really? Here's a guy who scoffs at using matches to start a fire but there he is logging every step and posting it to our HEART group... It really is pretty cool to see where everyone runs.

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary E on Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:50 pm

Dave Tuttle wrote:And who knew Gary was so high tech?? A Garmin? Really? Here's a guy who scoffs at using matches to start a fire but there he is logging every step and posting it to our HEART group... It really is pretty cool to see where everyone runs.

Dave, it was a gift from my kids! I think they want to see where I run just in case they need to rescue me some time.
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:32 pm

Gary E wrote:
Dave Tuttle wrote:And who knew Gary was so high tech?? A Garmin? Really? Here's a guy who scoffs at using matches to start a fire but there he is logging every step and posting it to our HEART group... It really is pretty cool to see where everyone runs.

Dave, it was a gift from my kids! I think they want to see where I run just in case they need to rescue me some time.

Smart move on their part Gary and that restores my image of you  Very Happy   May I tell everyone here how you and I got confused and maybe just a little bit lost on a hike in the Adirondacks several years ago and my GPS that you needled me about actually verified our position making a safe return to camp before dark possible?

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary E on Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:50 pm

David, I just wanted to explore every inch of that park regardless of trivial things like getting back to camp that same day!!! I'm convinced that we would have eventually stumbled across civilization by week's end.
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:06 am

Dave Tuttle wrote:If you upload your runs/workouts to the Garmin Connect web site we do have a HEART group there that you can join. Once you join your runs/workouts are automatically visible to all members and you don't need to take any extra steps, just upload as usual.

To join, log into the Garmin Connect site, click Explore - Groups - Type in HEART and request membership.

We don't want to detract from the Log A Run site that many of us use in any way, this is just another easy way for HEART Garmin users to share with other HEART members while they're uploading their GPS.

The HEART Garmin group is growing... Anyone with a Garmin can join.

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat May 10, 2014 4:32 pm

Oh, I love my Garmin!  Rachel you need to get one.   Smile

Garmin decided to mess with the format, changing it to 'modern' and adding features.  I'm not sure I like it, I changed back to classic although eventually Garmin won't let me have a choice, that's ok, I still LOVE my Garmin.

Garmin:
We’ve completely overhauled Garmin Connect, and now it’s your turn to give it a spin. The new, Modern look is full of enhancements:
• Simple navigation – get to features faster
• Personalized dashboard – track progress, compare to others, make comments and more, all from one screen
• Easy-to-find device info and software updates
• Even more dashboard features coming soon

Step 1: If you haven’t already, download Garmin Express and link your device (if needed) to your Garmin Connect account. Our Garmin Express is the new way to transfer data to and from Garmin Connect. There is no “Upload” button in Modern. Garmin Express works with both Modern and Classic.

Step 2: Switch to Modern. Or, if you’re not quite ready, switch to Modern later using the link at the top of the page. For a limited time, you’ll be able to switch between Modern and Classic, until all accounts change to Modern. Find Out More

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Sat May 10, 2014 5:12 pm

LMRun wrote:Oh, I love my Garmin!  Rachel you need to get one.   Smile

Garmin decided to mess with the format, changing it to 'modern' and adding features.  I'm not sure I like it, I changed back to classic although eventually Garmin won't let me have a choice, that's ok, I still LOVE my Garmin.

Garmin:
We’ve completely overhauled Garmin Connect, and now it’s your turn to give it a spin. The new, Modern look is full of enhancements:
• Simple navigation – get to features faster
• Personalized dashboard – track progress, compare to others, make comments and more, all from one screen
• Easy-to-find device info and software updates
• Even more dashboard features coming soon

Step 1: If you haven’t already, download Garmin Express and link your device (if needed) to your Garmin Connect account. Our Garmin Express is the new way to transfer data to and from Garmin Connect. There is no “Upload” button in Modern. Garmin Express works with both Modern and Classic.

Step 2: Switch to Modern. Or, if you’re not quite ready, switch to Modern later using the link at the top of the page. For a limited time, you’ll be able to switch between Modern and Classic, until all accounts change to Modern. Find Out More

I guess I'll have to look at the modern format soon too...

It's great seeing the stats for everyone's runs and workouts on Garmin Connect and being able to see where the actual route they took on a map or aerial view. It's also nice to be able to leave a comment or "Like" a run, hike, or bike ride that one of our members did...

Any HEART member with a Garmin can join the HEART group on Garmin Connect... See the previous posts for how to join. Here is a link but I think you need a Garmin Connect account to view it: http://connect.garmin.com/group/72170

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat May 17, 2014 7:21 pm

Calling Garmin folks,  do you have to reset your sensors when there is a software upgrade?  My runs have been messed up this past week, Garmin wasn't registering my mileage, heart rate and pace.  Those who know me know that I am a stickler for my mileage, heart rate and pace.  So, after I updated the software on my Garmin, I checked the troubleshooting and reset my watch to the default settings, powered off the watch, and started over.  I discovered that the heart rate sensor had to be reset too so now I am in business!   Very Happy 

I have to admit, I was LOST without my Garmin, had to resort to old school, "Map my Run"   No

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel August on Sun May 18, 2014 6:35 am

Sorry to hear that Louise! I love tracking my mileage as well....but I can do without knowing my heart rate! As you know I don't have a Garmin....I also don't have a smart phone....I track my runs using USATF and I LOVE doing that!!! Figuring out where my mile markers are.... you know that big tree -- 3 trees from the yellow house on the corner....I get a kick out of that!!!

Rachel August

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Sun May 18, 2014 4:15 pm

My Garmin can be kind of fickle at times too Louise... Turning it off and back on fixes mine too.

If I'm a long way away from where I used it last it sometimes won't acquire the satellites signal and that's usually at a race when I really want it to work. I'll have to remember in the future to "teach" it where it is before a race by doing a start up sequence well before the race.

All in all they're pretty amazing technology and I really like mine. It tells me a lot about how I'm doing at any given moment even without the HRM. Knowing my pace real time on a hill or over a familiar course and comparing that to how I know I should feel tells me if I'm too tired or maybe not pushing hard enough.

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by kodi30 on Sun May 18, 2014 4:51 pm

I think that must be common with all the garmins. I have two different ones and my friend has one and I've had to do it on both mine and his several times. My only big complaint about the garmins is the charged up battery life could be longer. Smile

kodi30

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Thayer on Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:57 pm

Like most cardiac newbies I obsessed over data...was feeling a little flush with $$ (I believe it was "I deserve this" thinking) and ponied up for a garmin with most of the attachments...And began the love/hate affair that has gone on for the last two years.

I don't bother with the HR anymore.....and the rest of the data can be counter productive...if I know kinda sorta how far and kinda sorta how long it took me that's enough for me.

Don't get me wrong...when I remember to charge it up I wear the thing...but only cuz it makes the charting that much easier. But I find my runs to be more enjoyable with out the damn thing.

BTW..I would never run with earphones/music (or whatever people listen to).

Call me a Luddite if you must...no argument here.

I changed up 'puters and Garmin world doesn't care for my new setup....It kinda does what it used to do...but it certainly takes its time about getting there.

I never had a problem with the unit figuring out where the hell it is..more often than not I leave the GPS function running..ergo my charged battery issues...so I guess the 'fix' there is to leave the gps on while its attached to the charger pre run....maybe next to a window...it still takes a couple of minutes for it to grab all the satellites it wants for the tracking function to work....so a few stretches while its doing its thing...and we're good!

One of these days I'll get the 'sharing' thing going. Hasn't been much to share of late.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:48 pm

Ok Marc, so are you going to join the HEART Garmin Team or what?   Wink   We don't care what kind or quality of mileage you do, let's see it!   Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum