heartorg
All information contained within this forum is strictly the opinion of the person posting it and should in no way be considered medical advice. You should always consult your health care provider prior to making any changes in your activity level.
By viewing this forum you are agreeing to the following:
I hereby, intending to be legally bound for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, waive and release any and all rights for liability and damages I may have against any officer, agent, employee, or volunteer of H.E.A.R.T. and their representatives, successors, and assigns for any and all injuries or death suffered by me in or arising from my use of the information contained herein.
Link To HEART Web Site
Cleveland Clinic Sports Cardiology
Here
Latest topics
» LogARun Leaderboard
by EugeneRunner Today at 1:09 am

» We Lost A Dear Friend Today
by Gary E Yesterday at 10:13 pm

» Linda Evans Memorial Fund and Family Statement
by Dave Tuttle Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:29 am

» Update since ablation
by Gary E Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:00 pm

» Statins Or Not?
by twal Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:16 pm

» PRP injections for tendonosis
by EugeneRunner Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:44 pm

» Swimming for exercise - not competitively
by Gary E Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:17 pm

» Tell Us About Your Surgery Or Procedure.
by mikenall Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:24 pm

» 2017 Goals and Races?
by jerseyguy Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:09 pm

» 2016 Wrapup
by RoadKillBill Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:19 pm

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of heartorg on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

My Avatar is this, what's yours?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Avatar is this, what's yours?

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:33 am

A member requested a pic of my avatar so that they could read it.  Smile I didn't think folks paid much attention to your avatar, now I'll have to come up with some good ones and switch out from time to time.  

I found the "Ten Commandments for the Runner" online, Runners World Mag I think.  It reminds me to keep things in perspective.  I laughed at the last one.

There is a cool facebook page if you are interested, the owner has lots of motivational stuff.  Life in the day of a runner

Enjoy!

Back to top Go down

Re: My Avatar is this, what's yours?

Post by RoadKillBill on Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:48 pm

I have violated them all!

RoadKillBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:25 am

Nice one Louise!

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel August on Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:07 am

Guess I'm not the best at following commandments either.....but I like your avatar!!!!

Rachel August

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary E on Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:00 pm

I abide by most of those, but regarding #8, I still contend that shoes should last for many decades. Even if mine start to show a little wear, I just get out the old "Hot Melt" glue gun and even the sole up a bit. Also, I feel that those where the little toe is showing through the sides...just provides for more ventilation to keep the rest of my foot from getting too warm.
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:02 pm

Gary, what a card you are,  lol! 

I really like Eugene Runner's avatar.  Folks, I see lots of pics for avatars, how about telling the story behind those pics?  Makes for an interesting thread.  Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by EugeneRunner on Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:52 pm

I've violated all 10 commandments also. But #7 and #10 I don't really agree with.

My avatar is from the finish of the 2012 Eugene Half Marathon. You can't tell from the picture, but that race finishes on the track at Hayward Field, with family and friends cheering from the stands. That race was the best race I ever ran at any distance. My heart attack and stent were barely a year earlier, so just the fact I was running again was a miracle as far as I was concerned. Per my cardiologist, I wasn't really supposed to be pushing that hard yet. But I had one of those magical days where I just kept going faster and faster and it felt effortless. That was a lifetime PR - something you don't expect at age 45 after 31 years of competitive running, and something you certainly don't expect after a serious heart attack.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:11 pm

I really should put up a new avatar since this one is 10 years old but it means so much to me that I can't seem to let it go. I am crossing the finish line of my very first marathon 5 years after my surgery. I wasn't a runner before my surgery and it was extremely hard for me to build up enough endurance to run that distance. It took years of work and at the time I didn't know of any other heart patient runners. I was totally alone proving to myself that I didn't have to give up my life and following a hunch that I might actually be saving it but not really sure by any means... That moment remains one of the most important and personally satisfying moments of my life so I don't know if I'll ever get a new one.

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by RoadKillBill on Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:31 pm

Mine is a bike pic from my first Ironman, which was a recovery goal I set when I was in the cardiac ICU after my surgery. It was an accomplishment that meant a lot to me, even though I was waaaaaaay at the back of the pack. I like bike pics - nobody can tell how slow I'm going ;-). I also really, really enjoy riding my bike. I make myself "run," swim and do other stuff...but bike riding is pure enjoyment for me.

RoadKillBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel August on Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:17 am

Mine is from the first half that I completed after my surgery.....like Dave I really don't want to change it anytime too soon because it means so much to me that I was actually running at that distance!

I couldn't have done that half.....or even a 10K without the members of this group - I'm SO GRATEFUL to y'all!!!! Especially Marc (yes, I'm mentioning you again) - for pushing me past what I thought I couldn't do mentally.

Rachel August

Back to top Go down

Post by Sumorunner on Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:02 am

A picture of me running looks much the same as a picture of me standing still.

Sumorunner

http://www.MohawkView.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary E on Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:58 am

Sumorunner wrote:A picture of me running looks much the same as a picture of me standing still.

Good one Jack, I feel about the same with mine, but I initially posted it because it was:

a)taken in the kitchen of Mike Nall's house (just prior to his wife's over-feeding me) and I wanted to recognize him for all he's done for this organization

b)I feel it shows the only thing I have going for me now that any physical prowess has "left the building" (i.e. a sense of humor) and...

c)I just happened to be wearing the shirt of my alma mater, athletic motivator (as player, coach, and fan), current employer, and final resting place (body to be donated to anatomy dept.).
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by DonSoule on Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:40 am

Mine is on my deck (minus the snow) in my Cardiac Athlete running shirt that Jeff Hardisty had made up a few years ago.  This was taken in 2012 when I was selected as a Medtronics Twin Cities Marathon Global Hero and they needed a current photo.  

Love Louise's 10 commandments - I've broken them all especially#4 & 5 about taking a "rest" day (that 4 letter word) and runners not being invincible Smile - the 10% rule didn't even make the list but I'm on track to break that one big time this week Smile - My wife been after me to do the rest thing !!! Don't tell Meredith but I'm having such a good mileage week, I might just go for my 7 day mileage PR.  (hint it's about 90 but I'll have to check)

Last edited by DonSoule on Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pacemaker, January 16, 2009
Boston Scientific, Altrua 60 S602
Fairview Southdale Hospital
Minneapolis, MN
DonSoule

Back to top Go down

Post by kodi30 on Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:06 pm

Mine is what the shirt says, ONE RUN FOR BOSTON. We were waiting for the baton to reach us. I don't really like the picture, but I don't like any picture I'm in. Getting ready for the second year. Starts in LA March 16 and ends in Boston April 13

kodi30

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum