heartorg
All information contained within this forum is strictly the opinion of the person posting it and should in no way be considered medical advice. You should always consult your health care provider prior to making any changes in your activity level.
By viewing this forum you are agreeing to the following:
I hereby, intending to be legally bound for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, waive and release any and all rights for liability and damages I may have against any officer, agent, employee, or volunteer of H.E.A.R.T. and their representatives, successors, and assigns for any and all injuries or death suffered by me in or arising from my use of the information contained herein.
Link To HEART Web Site
Cleveland Clinic Sports Cardiology
Here
Latest topics
» We Lost A Dear Friend Today
by Dave Tuttle Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:10 pm

» LogARun Leaderboard
by EugeneRunner Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:09 am

» Linda Evans Memorial Fund and Family Statement
by Dave Tuttle Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:29 am

» Update since ablation
by Gary E Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:00 pm

» Statins Or Not?
by twal Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:16 pm

» PRP injections for tendonosis
by EugeneRunner Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:44 pm

» Swimming for exercise - not competitively
by Gary E Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:17 pm

» Tell Us About Your Surgery Or Procedure.
by mikenall Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:24 pm

» 2017 Goals and Races?
by jerseyguy Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:09 pm

» 2016 Wrapup
by RoadKillBill Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:19 pm

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of heartorg on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

19 Runners Now Registered!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

19 Runners Now Registered!!

Post by Dave Tuttle on Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:36 pm

Our HEART team now has 16 runners registered for the Heart Mini!!! There's still time to join us for a VERY Fun Weekend!!! Register soon!!!

Our Team Roster

Last edited by tutt on Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Re: 19 Runners Now Registered!!

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:58 pm

This is going to be HUGE!  We are getting excited.   Very Happy   I had a great run today with three more Saturdays to run long.  It was 84 in Texas yesterday, can you believe it?  

I am planning on a cold morning on race day.  OK you veterans of Cincy, what is the weather like from your past experiences?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel August on Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:52 pm

I am SO EXCITED!!!!! Doing my long run OUTSIDE tomorrow - it's probably going to be 70 degrees COLDER than LM's run yesterday!

I'm hoping it'll be at least 15 degrees for my run tomorrow.

I'm not a veteran of Cinci......last year it was snowing though.....just saying.....

Rachel August

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom price on Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:58 pm

Well, last year there was snow in the air at the start! And I see from pics on FB there is still snow on the ground there. I would plan on cool if not cold, but keep an eye on weather.com.
Tom price

Back to top Go down

Post by echoguy on Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:11 pm

LMRun wrote:This is going to be HUGE!  We are getting excited.   Very Happy   I had a great run today with three more Saturdays to run long.  It was 84 in Texas yesterday, can you believe it?  

I am planning on a cold morning on race day.  OK you veterans of Cincy, what is the weather like from your past experiences?

The middle of March is a real weather crap shoot here in Cincinnati. It has been a particularly cold and snowy winter, and the groundhog says six more weeks starting Feb 2....and I guess that gets us to about March 15!

I have run the Heart Mini in lots of snow and I have run it with sun and close to 70. I would plan on a race in the 40's or low 50's, but follow the weather channel closely as the weeks draw closer.

Cleveland Clinic
echoguy

Back to top Go down

looking forward to seeing all your smiling faces

Post by Gary E on Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:48 am

I've gotten my assignments for the state basketball tournament and do not have to work the late session on Saturday night. In past year's, this changes if a local team wins the semi-final game in Division I (because then the attendance is doubled and they need more staffing), but as of now, I'm hoping to start down that way about 9pm and spend the night close enough to make it to the starting line to see all of you before the gun for the 15k.
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel August on Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:25 am

Gary E wrote:I've gotten my assignments for the state basketball tournament and do not have to work the late session on Saturday night. In past year's, this changes if a local team wins the semi-final game in Division I (because then the attendance is doubled and they need more staffing), but as of now, I'm hoping to start down that way about 9pm and spend the night close enough to make it to the starting line to see all of you before the gun for the 15k.

OMG!!!!! This is GREAT news!!!!

Rachel August

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:33 am

Great news indeed... Looking forward to seeing you Gary!

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by RoadKillBill on Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:36 am

Great news Gary!

Mrs C is still an intender, planning to babysit me while I do my achy breaky shuffle. So we should make it to at least 17.

RoadKillBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:31 am

Billcobit wrote:Great news Gary!

Mrs C is still an intender, planning to babysit me while I do my achy breaky shuffle. So we should make it to at least 17.

Glad to hear the Mrs will be running too Bill... Looking forward to seeing you both again.

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:39 pm

Ok, who's getting nervous????  I am!  Going to the track tomorrow for an attempt at 9 miles.  Last long run for the big day!  Gosh, I want it to be cold but I don't want the snow and ice......I'll be fine on race day, the excitement will carry me through. Hopefully my 'bounciness' won't drive folks nuts.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoadKillBill on Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:06 pm

LMRun wrote:Ok, who's getting nervous????  I am!

Me too. I've been running, but not like I planned, and all dreadmill because of relentless bitter cold, snow and ice. But I've never let lack of prep and embarrassment stop me before!

RoadKillBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel August on Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:53 pm

Billcobit wrote:
But I've never let lack of prep and embarrassment stop me before!

I'm with you Bill - never stopped me before either!!!

Rachel August

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:26 pm

I'm very under trained too. It's been brutal here all winter and I've found that 15 deg. really is my limit. Colder than that and it just takes too much out of me to the point of being unhealthy... And there haven't been very many days that even come close to 15 for a long time. -20 yesterday morning and near that most nights, single digit daytime temps... I've run way too many 4 milers on the TM and 4 is about all I can force myself to run on the old dreadmill in one shot... It was warmer last week but I had to get sick and couldn't get out to run in the balmy 20 deg temps even once! Yeah I know, it's pretty much the same for everyone else too...

Well, I think we're all pretty disgusted with winter and certainly not where we'd like to be training wise for Cincy so I'm going to toss this idea out there... Why not plan on just enjoying a nice slow run with our friends... Forget about the time, forget about pace and just run together as a group at a pace we're all comfortable with and enjoy the moment and each other... Call it a fun run, call it a group run, but run together, have fun and save the racing for later in the year.

Anyone want to run at the back of the pack with a bunch of slow HEART Buddies?

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by echoguy on Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:46 am

I am in for the group run!

Cleveland Clinic
echoguy

Back to top Go down

Post by RoadKillBill on Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:10 am

You guys go on ahead -- I'll catch up after the finish line  Smile 

RoadKillBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Sumorunner on Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:40 am

I'm not in shape to even run 2 miles this time of year, but I'll be ready for anything at Grand Rapids in Oct.

Sumorunner

http://www.MohawkView.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel August on Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:18 pm

Group run sounds like fun to me.....I wasn't planning on "racing" anyway....never do....so that's fine with me.

Just did 11 miles on the TM this morning.....and that's with NO incline - NO wind - NO cold - NO TV or any other distractions.....still hurt at mile 9 - so you know what that says about me
1). I can endure long periods of nothingness and 2). I'm in NO shape!!!

I walk up those hills anyway.....

Rachel August

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:58 pm

Sounds like a plan, the only thing that you all need to know about me though is I have to run in my groove, meaning once I settle into my pace, it's hard for me to slow down.  I'm not planning on racing, just run comfortable and be able to talk at the same time.  Hills do me in also, the only hill I have been running on is the last one home.  Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by DonSoule on Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:26 pm

I finally registered today so now it's official,  Meredith and I will be there Friday - Sunday night.   I registered for the half and am looking forward to running on pavement in place of the ice run I did this morning when it was -14F   Very Happy  

Since the 15K and the Half start together and it looks like are the same route for almost the first 9 miles I might join the group run, although if it's an ideal day, I also might just go for a time goal but I'm not much of a hill runner and haven't done any hill training.  I'll probably decide my plan Saturday night or Sunday morning on the 16th.

Pacemaker, January 16, 2009
Boston Scientific, Altrua 60 S602
Fairview Southdale Hospital
Minneapolis, MN
DonSoule

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel August on Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:26 am

So glad that you and Meredith can make it Don!!!!

Rachel August

Back to top Go down

Now at 19 HEART Runners Registered for Cincy!!

Post by Dave Tuttle on Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:42 pm

We have a BIG turn out for Cincy this year !!! Thank you Brian for all your work putting the team together and getting our reservations. As of today we have 17 for dinner Friday (location TBD) and 25 for Saturday. SUPER!!

It sounds like the group running together will be popular and that's where I hope to run but we don't want anyone to feel they have to run with the group... Some will and should go for the time they're capable of... I'm guessing the group might even splinter into a couple of smaller groups too because of the different paces everyone normally runs and that's OK, I doubt very many of you can run as slow as I do anyway. Hopefully anyone who wants to will get to run with some of the gang and that will be great!

I just hope the weather gives us a break now...  sunny

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum