heartorg
All information contained within this forum is strictly the opinion of the person posting it and should in no way be considered medical advice. You should always consult your health care provider prior to making any changes in your activity level.
By viewing this forum you are agreeing to the following:
I hereby, intending to be legally bound for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, waive and release any and all rights for liability and damages I may have against any officer, agent, employee, or volunteer of H.E.A.R.T. and their representatives, successors, and assigns for any and all injuries or death suffered by me in or arising from my use of the information contained herein.
Link To HEART Web Site
Cleveland Clinic Sports Cardiology
Here
Latest topics
» LogARun Leaderboard
by Gary E Sat May 20, 2017 7:04 am

» Update since ablation
by Gary E Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:00 pm

» Statins Or Not?
by twal Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:16 pm

» PRP injections for tendonosis
by EugeneRunner Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:44 pm

» Swimming for exercise - not competitively
by Gary E Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:17 pm

» Tell Us About Your Surgery Or Procedure.
by mikenall Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:24 pm

» 2017 Goals and Races?
by jerseyguy Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:09 pm

» 2016 Wrapup
by RoadKillBill Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:19 pm

» Florence Half Marathon
by jerseyguy Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:27 am

by Admin Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:28 am

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of heartorg on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Weight Loss Challenge

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Weight Loss Challenge

Post by Dave Tuttle on Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:23 pm

Gary E wrote: I'm pretty sure the only way I'll really lose weight is to have a "mouth stapling" instead of the "stomach" version.

Hey Gary I have a pneumatic stapler. I'll do it for you fast and free... If you'll do the same for me.  

170 today... Wrong way!

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary E on Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:18 pm

164.3 today. Making very slow progress and probably still above my starting weight (but too lazy to go back and check), but all that should change tomorrow. I'm scheduled for a colonoscopy Tuesday afternoon...that means not eating anything after breakfast tomorrow (Monday) until after the procedure on the following afternoon. I'm not concerned about the procedure (been there, done that), but I'm worried about the fast-food industry tanking without my support for that day and a half. If any of you own stock in such, please adjust your portfolio accordingly.
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by EugeneRunner on Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:50 pm

I intentionally went off diet this week. I've been feeling very fatigued and sluggish the last few weeks, so I wanted to eliminate the diet as a possible cause. Unfortunately it didn't help, so I'm still very fatigued and now feeling heavy! So back onto the diet this coming week and we will see where I'm at by the weekend.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoadKillBill on Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:22 pm

Stalled at 173

RoadKillBill

Back to top Go down

Post by RoadKillBill on Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:46 am

170 and goal. I'll see if I can get the same measurement next week before I spike the ball.

RoadKillBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:43 pm

Billcobit wrote:170 and goal.  I'll see if I can get the same measurement next week before I spike the ball.

Nice work Bill!!

169 for me today. Down 3

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by EugeneRunner on Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:39 pm

I'm injured, not running much, and intentionally not worrying about keeping my weight down. But oddly I'm only up 0.4 lbs.

Back to top Go down

Post by LMRun on Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:26 am

The men are doing great in this challenge! Smile Smile

23 mm On-X Mechanical Heart Valve
Home Test INR since February, 2008 Smile
LMRun

Back to top Go down

Post by EugeneRunner on Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:23 pm

I'm more maintaining that making any progress. But since I'm no longer training, this is probably a good weight anyway.

Start: 145.0
Wk 1: 142.2 (-2.8 wk, -2.8 total)
Wk 2: 141.4 (-0.8 wk, -3.6 total)
Wk 3: 142.2 (+0.8 wk, -2.8 total)
Wk 4: 141.4 (-0.8 wk, -3.6 total)
Wk 5: 140.2 (-1.2 wk, -4.8 total)
Wk 6: 140.0 (-0.2 wk, -5.0 total)
Wk 7: 140.8 (+0.8 wk, -4.2 total)
Wk 8: 140.6 (-0.2 wk, -4.4 total)
Wk 9: 139.6 (-1.0 wk, -5.4 total)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:54 pm

Back up a pound -170 Evil or Very Mad

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by HerbW on Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:00 am

Stuck

HerbW

Back to top Go down

Post by RoadKillBill on Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:25 pm

Billcobit wrote:170 and goal.  I'll see if I can get the same measurement next week before I spike the ball.

I am legit. Now I need to behave until I can start riding bikes again. The snow is rapidly melting where I live. A few warmish days and a heavy rain to wash away the road salt and I'll be good to pedal.

RoadKillBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary E on Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:07 pm

Sorry that I've been absent for so long, just too many things going on. I am not making major moves in regard to my weight, but am down slightly from my "high-water" mark a month ago. 162.4
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:56 pm

I seem to be forever stuck at 170... Maybe with better weather Question

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by HerbW on Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:29 pm

Been under the weather lately.  But before that I was doing fantastically terrible at this weight loss thing.  I'll do better.  I always felt better when I was lighter, around 185, which means got about 30 to lose Basketball .
HerbW

Back to top Go down

Post by EugeneRunner on Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:34 pm

My weight loss challenge is over for the next few months. After my foot surgery, I can't even physically get on the scale!

My guess is I'll put on 10-15 pounds or so over the next 4-6 months, and then spend the next 6-8 months dropping back down as I return to training.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary E on Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:02 am

I've been busy the past three weeks with all the high school tournaments that I've had to work. Tomorrow's Stevie Wonder performance and then four days of circus acts will be followed by a much leaner schedule. I'll use that time to try and get "back on the bandwagon" regarding weight-loss, but because the caterers feed us so well during the twelve hour shifts, I really need to focus on eating less...and healthier next month.

Also, really sorry to hear of the foot surgery for our speediest member. I remember you mentioning it before, but it seems like you've been performing so well lately that I didn't realize you were still going through with it. Best of luck!!!
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Giving up my body to science

Post by Gary E on Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:35 pm

Having not been on this site for the past 10 weeks, I don't know if this thread is still active. Since it is pouring out this afternoon, I thought I would see how everyone is doing.

I am in my third week of a clinical trial for cancer patients. We are supposed to eat healthy and are even given classes in cooking!!! Yes, I even turned on our stove's burner and sauteed some "chicken of the woods" (a huge orange mushroom formation that grows wild in the forest). We have blood draws every couple of months, are given free access to the OSU Ag school's gardens to harvest anything we want, attend classes with chefs, nutritionists, and exercise physiologists as instructors. We also have to wear a pedometer and post our weight and steps daily.

My initial screening had me at 167.9 and I'm now under 160. Still a long way to go, but considering I actually binged for a few days to qualify (I had to have a BMI of over 25 to get in the program), I'm rather pleased with the results thus far. Now if I could only do something about these age lines and balding head.
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:06 am

Gary E wrote:Having not been on this site for the past 10 weeks, I don't know if this thread is still active. Since it is pouring out this afternoon, I thought I would see how everyone is doing.

I am in my third week of a clinical trial for cancer patients. We are supposed to eat healthy and are even given classes in cooking!!! Yes, I even turned on our stove's burner and sauteed some "chicken of the woods" (a huge orange mushroom formation that grows wild in the forest). We have blood draws every couple of months, are given free access to the OSU Ag school's gardens to harvest anything we want, attend classes with chefs, nutritionists, and exercise physiologists as instructors. We also have to wear a pedometer and post our weight and steps daily.

My initial screening had me at 167.9 and I'm now under 160. Still a long way to go, but considering I actually binged for a few days to qualify (I had to have a BMI of over 25 to get in the program), I'm rather pleased with the results thus far. Now if I could only do something about these age lines and balding head.

This weight loss challenge pretty much petered out Gary... It looks like the only way I'm going to lose weight is to get back to my normal running mileage if my knee will tolerate it and of course the knee doesn't like the extra weight but I'm getting there.

So you're eating healthy now and even cooking? I'm impressed!! That sounds like a very good program you're in but I have to ask, is all that garden produce for free? Knowing you I bet it is.

It's great to see on Log a Run that you're running regularly again. Must be all that good food!

How are those chicken of the woods mushrooms? I've always wanted to try them... I have visions of you and Euell Gibbons hiking and grazing your way all along the AT.

Would you go hiking with this guy? I have and it was a real hoot!

" />

" />

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

you know me well, don't you?

Post by Gary E on Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:30 am

Dave Tuttle wrote:That sounds like a very good program you're in but I have to ask, is all that garden produce for free? Knowing you I bet it is.

Absolutely, Dave, why else would I go to such lengths if it weren't free? Oh, and just for the record, my weight this morning was 155.2. Considering that I had to purposely gain two pounds to qualify for the study last month (which just meant I ate a couple extra desserts the night before my initial weigh-in), I'm really pleased with the results thus far. I also had to stop taking any vitamins, fish oil, or any supplements other than my heart and cholesterol meds.

Thanks also for posting those photos of our trip to watch RoadKillBill compete in the Lake Placid Ironman.  I hope that goofy image of me doesn't scare any potential members away from the site though.
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel August on Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:16 pm

GREAT pictures guys!!!!

Rachel August

Back to top Go down

Post by mikenall on Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:53 pm

Gary, Looking at your Corazon race shirt... I ran the Inaugural Flying Feather Four Miler at Corazon on Thanksgiving Day one year. Same event?
FYI, current weight 154.7. I think it's a seasonal thing for me and not related to any formal or informal effort.

Biotronik Evia DR-T dual chamber pacemaker August 2013
mikenall

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary E on Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:02 pm

Mike, you should know me better. I'm too cheap to pay for a race entry, I just happened to buy the shirt at a thrift store because it was only 50 cents and I needed that color to complete my wardrobe for a trip to Lake Placid.
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum