heartorg
All information contained within this forum is strictly the opinion of the person posting it and should in no way be considered medical advice. You should always consult your health care provider prior to making any changes in your activity level.
By viewing this forum you are agreeing to the following:
I hereby, intending to be legally bound for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, waive and release any and all rights for liability and damages I may have against any officer, agent, employee, or volunteer of H.E.A.R.T. and their representatives, successors, and assigns for any and all injuries or death suffered by me in or arising from my use of the information contained herein.
Link To HEART Web Site
Cleveland Clinic Sports Cardiology
Here
Latest topics
» We Lost A Dear Friend Today
by Gary E Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:53 pm

» LogARun Leaderboard
by EugeneRunner Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:09 am

» Linda Evans Memorial Fund and Family Statement
by Dave Tuttle Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:29 am

» Update since ablation
by Gary E Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:00 pm

» Statins Or Not?
by twal Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:16 pm

» PRP injections for tendonosis
by EugeneRunner Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:44 pm

» Swimming for exercise - not competitively
by Gary E Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:17 pm

» Tell Us About Your Surgery Or Procedure.
by mikenall Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:24 pm

» 2017 Goals and Races?
by jerseyguy Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:09 pm

» 2016 Wrapup
by RoadKillBill Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:19 pm

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of heartorg on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

I lost a good friend today, Ross Young

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I lost a good friend today, Ross Young

Post by Guest on Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:02 pm

If you have been a member of Valvereplacement.org or Heartvalvepatients.org, you know Ross.  A very good man who uplifted many with his knowledge of Coumadin/warfarin management, his sense of humor, and his matter of fact way of looking at things. He loved the military and uploaded many a videos related to veterans, holidays, etc.  He was always the first to welcome members to the forum, the first to wish members a Congratulations, you are over the mountain, Happy Birthday, and he made you laugh to where you almost spit your food and drink at the computer screen, and at other times you laughed so hard you had tears running down your face.  He would find the coolest videos on the internet and post them for all to enjoy.  I spoke with him by phone last November, by email the morning before he went back into the hospital on November 22nd.  

He has had many serious health issues over the years, and today he passed away at 12:05 EST, he will be missed by the many hearts he touched.  So, if you know him, say a prayer for his family.  If you don't know him, say a prayer for his family.  Ross made a difference in many heart patients lives. I love you

Back to top Go down

Re: I lost a good friend today, Ross Young

Post by RoadKillBill on Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:07 am

That's sad. Thanks for letting us know, Louise. Ross was a great asset to both heart valve forums, and I'm sure that 90% of what he did was invisible to most members. He was the support guy, the welcome guy, the referee, the bouncer, the encourager, the sympathizer, the subject matter expert, the guy who never let a post go unanswered, etc. Just an all-around solid citizen and friend to all.

RIP Ross. (I tried to post to the condolences thread at heartvalvepatients but I've lost my posting priv's.)

RoadKillBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel August on Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:43 am

I've been following this also, very sad turn of events. Unfortunately I'm too new to have "met" him - which is too bad - from all the posts he seems like he was an exceptional person and very well loved by so many people.

I am so very sorry for the loss of your friend Louise - my heart goes out to you, his family and all those he left behind.

Rachel

Rachel August

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:52 am

Billcobit wrote:RIP Ross.  (I tried to post to the condolences thread at heartvalvepatients but I've lost my posting priv's.)
Send an email to GeeBee or Karlynn, I'm sure they will help you with this. Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by russwyd on Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:35 pm

So sorry to hear this sad news of losing one of our community.
russwyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sumorunner on Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:15 pm

Ross was the king of valvereplacement.org. He could answer any question any time with authority and had a great sense of humor. I'll miss his contributions.

Sumorunner

http://www.MohawkView.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kodi30 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:24 pm

I'll miss him too. He always had the answers. RIP Ross.

kodi30

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:59 pm

I'm very sorry for everyone's loss. Although I wasn't a member of those forums I did look at them from time to time and Ross was always there reaching out.

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by echoguy on Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:10 pm

I have not been on the valve replacement forum for a long time, but I remember Ross as the backbone of the forum and someone who welcomed me when I was looking for direction several years ago. May he rest in peace.

Cleveland Clinic
echoguy

Back to top Go down

Post by kcy1998 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:26 pm

I never met Ross but from the posts it sounds as if he touched a lot of lives. It is my loss for not meeting Ross.
kevin

kcy1998

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum