heartorg
All information contained within this forum is strictly the opinion of the person posting it and should in no way be considered medical advice. You should always consult your health care provider prior to making any changes in your activity level.
By viewing this forum you are agreeing to the following:
I hereby, intending to be legally bound for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, waive and release any and all rights for liability and damages I may have against any officer, agent, employee, or volunteer of H.E.A.R.T. and their representatives, successors, and assigns for any and all injuries or death suffered by me in or arising from my use of the information contained herein.
Link To HEART Web Site
Cleveland Clinic Sports Cardiology
Here
Latest topics
» LogARun Leaderboard
by EugeneRunner Today at 1:09 am

» We Lost A Dear Friend Today
by Gary E Yesterday at 10:13 pm

» Linda Evans Memorial Fund and Family Statement
by Dave Tuttle Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:29 am

» Update since ablation
by Gary E Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:00 pm

» Statins Or Not?
by twal Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:16 pm

» PRP injections for tendonosis
by EugeneRunner Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:44 pm

» Swimming for exercise - not competitively
by Gary E Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:17 pm

» Tell Us About Your Surgery Or Procedure.
by mikenall Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:24 pm

» 2017 Goals and Races?
by jerseyguy Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:09 pm

» 2016 Wrapup
by RoadKillBill Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:19 pm

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of heartorg on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

H.E.A.R.T. Team now taking registraion for the Heart Mini in Cinci - March 2014

View previous topic View next topic Go down

H.E.A.R.T. Team now taking registraion for the Heart Mini in Cinci - March 2014

Post by echoguy on Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:21 pm

Hey Everybody:

The H.E.A. R.T. team is ready to rock the Cincinnati Heart Mini Marathon!

March 16th will be the 4th time that the gang from H.E.A.R.T. will meet in Cincinnati to run one of the races dedicated to support the American Heart Association. We have grown in number each year, and we hope to see you there.

Here’s the line-up:
Start Time
15K Heart Mini & Heart 1/2 Marathon - 7:30am
5K Heart Race - 10:30am
2K Mini Mara Fun Run (ages 8-12) - 11:30am
5K/10K Heart Walk - 12:00pm
1K Steps for Stroke - following the Heart Walk

I have registered a team named H.E.A.R.T. for you to join when you register for one of the races. Be sure to look for our team during the registration process. Please also have your friends and family that will be coming to the race join our team. From the link to our team page below, just hit the "join our team" button on the right side of the page to register with our team.

http://www.kintera.org/faf/search/searchTeamPart.asp?ievent=1069450&lis=1&kntae1069450=153FF0A54B65481EB038B4D7A2CC96CC&team=5772522&tlteam=0

The Cincinnati Heart Mini Marathon is one of the very few races in the nation that has a separate race category, red caps, for heart patients. It provides a great opportunity to get the gang together and celebrate our ability to run and be active again.

During the registration process, you will be asked to set a fund raising goal. Please feel free to participate in fund raising as much or as little as you would like. We certainly do not discourage anyone from raising funds for the AHA (they have done much to advance our treatment of heart disease), but we do not want anyone to feel any pressure from H.E.A.R.T. to meet any particular goal.

So…go ahead and commit now, get yourself registered, and we will see you in Cincinnati in mid March!

Happy trails,

echoguy

Cleveland Clinic
echoguy

Back to top Go down

Re: H.E.A.R.T. Team now taking registraion for the Heart Mini in Cinci - March 2014

Post by Dave Tuttle on Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:57 pm

Thanks for setting up the team Brian and for organizing HEART's participation in the Mini every year... I'm looking forward to it and to seeing a lot of our "HEART Buddies" again sunny

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Re: H.E.A.R.T. Team now taking registraion for the Heart Mini in Cinci - March 2014

Post by kcy1998 on Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:32 pm

Brian,
I plan on being there. Thanks for brining this to my attention.
kevin

kcy1998

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom price on Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:42 am

I plan on being there.....let's see how many we can get!
Tom price

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel August on Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:56 am

I'm there!!! Thanks again for setting up our team!

Rachel August

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:13 pm

We are in!

Last edited by LMRun on Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:09 pm

I registered for the 15K, Dave for the 1/2.  Very Happy 

Brian is our official HEART Ambassador, this get together may turn out to be the second largest gathering of HEART members. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by kyoung on Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:23 pm

I'm very interested in trying to make this and will make a decision soon. Thanks Brian for organizing!!

kyoung

Back to top Go down

Post by RoadKillBill on Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:30 am

I hope you can make it, Kevin. This has been a very nice weekend for us. Mrs C and I are both planning to attend, though it will probably be a while before we officially register.

RoadKillBill

Back to top Go down

Post by russwyd on Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:06 pm

Hi All,

Would love to make it but it doesn't fit my plans for the first half of 2014 sadly - will there be another get together later in the year, around a marathon or ultra?

Russ
russwyd

Back to top Go down

Post by echoguy on Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:43 pm

russwyd wrote:Hi All,

Would love to make it but it doesn't fit my plans for the first half of 2014 sadly - will there be another get together later in the year, around a marathon or ultra?

Russ
Absolutely!!! There will be a fall event, usually that includes a marathon with several shorter alternatives. Hopefully the crew will be firming up the date and event soon.

Cleveland Clinic
echoguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:55 pm

OK, I'm registered for the 15K too. 8 signed up so far... We're off to a great start!!

Linda S. and her husband have registered... Looking forward to meeting you both!

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by echoguy on Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:28 pm

tutt wrote:OK, I'm registered for the 15K too. 8 signed up so far... We're off to a great start!!

Linda S. and her husband have registered... Looking forward to meeting you both!
Great to hear you will be able to make it this year and looking forward to meeting some new folks!

Cleveland Clinic
echoguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Thayer on Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:21 pm

In...now to get that Evans character there.

"Oh Gary...I've got cheese puffs...special delivery to Cincinatti on March 16th...."

Back to top Go down

Post by echoguy on Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:47 pm

Marc Thayer wrote:In...now to get that Evans character there.

"Oh Gary...I've got cheese puffs...special delivery to Cincinatti on March 16th...."

BAMMMMM! Great to hear. You bring the cheese puffs and I'll see if I can bribe the folks organizing the state tournament that distracts him.

Cleveland Clinic
echoguy

Back to top Go down

Post by RoadKillBill on Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:51 am

Wow - I just checked the growing roster - we've got really good turnout this year!

RoadKillBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel August on Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:55 am

Billcobit wrote:Wow - I just checked the growing roster - we've got really good turnout this year!

So cool!! - Hey is Leo the Leo I met at the Turkey Trot???

Rachel August

Back to top Go down

Post by RoadKillBill on Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:00 pm

Yep I pinged him last week

RoadKillBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:04 pm

The Heart Mini will be HEART's second 'annual' event.  Smile 

Back to top Go down

Nitpicker

Post by Gary E on Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:46 am

Just for the record, those of us in Central Ohio always refer to that city on the river as Cincy, not Cinci.  

Let's see what nearby resident Brian has to say on that
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by RoadKillBill on Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:46 am

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cinci

Thanks for the correction, Gary.

RoadKillBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:48 pm

Great turn out shaping up!! Looks like 20 might be possible this year!

I think this HAS become our second annual event!

Thanks for setting us straight on the Cincy thing Gary... Wouldn't want to offend the city with pigs jumping off bridges  lol!

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel August on Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:07 am

tutt wrote:Great turn out shaping up!! Looks like 20 might be possible this year!

I think this HAS become our second annual event!

Thanks for setting us straight on the Cincy thing Gary... Wouldn't want to offend the city with pigs jumping off bridges  lol!

Seriously - wouldn't want to make anyone upset!!! I think I'm one of the biggest offender of that term - SORRY!

So, yes Cincy will be TONS of fun and a great turn-out - can't wait!!!! Unless of course it keeps snowing here....then I might have to crawl under a rock until summer.....

Rachel August

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum