heartorg
All information contained within this forum is strictly the opinion of the person posting it and should in no way be considered medical advice. You should always consult your health care provider prior to making any changes in your activity level.
By viewing this forum you are agreeing to the following:
I hereby, intending to be legally bound for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, waive and release any and all rights for liability and damages I may have against any officer, agent, employee, or volunteer of H.E.A.R.T. and their representatives, successors, and assigns for any and all injuries or death suffered by me in or arising from my use of the information contained herein.
Link To HEART Web Site
Cleveland Clinic Sports Cardiology
Here
Latest topics
» LogARun Leaderboard
by EugeneRunner Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:09 am

» We Lost A Dear Friend Today
by Gary E Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:13 pm

» Linda Evans Memorial Fund and Family Statement
by Dave Tuttle Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:29 am

» Update since ablation
by Gary E Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:00 pm

» Statins Or Not?
by twal Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:16 pm

» PRP injections for tendonosis
by EugeneRunner Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:44 pm

» Swimming for exercise - not competitively
by Gary E Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:17 pm

» Tell Us About Your Surgery Or Procedure.
by mikenall Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:24 pm

» 2017 Goals and Races?
by jerseyguy Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:09 pm

» 2016 Wrapup
by RoadKillBill Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:19 pm

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of heartorg on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Seeking testimonial quotes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Seeking testimonial quotes

Post by RoadKillBill on Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:09 pm

Bon jour

Seeking some brief quotes from those who have been touched by acts of support from other HEART members, with the intent of pasting them on our website. Idea is to show that we have an extraordinary group that provides/gets empathetic support not otherwise found in mainstream cardiac rehab programs.

My contribution:

“I was very grateful for all of the support and encouragement I received during months of training. However, I was overwhelmed when GaryE and Tutt traveled hundreds of miles to cheer me on at the Lake Placid Ironman. They were on the course before dawn until almost midnight, throughout a long day that included cold, rain, wind and heat, so that they could support me and congratulate me when I crossed the finish line. I will always remember their extraordinary kindness.

Bill, mitral valve repair patient”

If you've got something you're willing to share, please post it below. Quotes will be placed on a "testimonials" page on our web site.

Thanks.

RoadKillBill

Back to top Go down

Re: Seeking testimonial quotes

Post by Dave Tuttle on Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:04 pm

There are SO many things that stand out to me from the years that I've been involved with this group. The most recent occurred just last weekend at our Syracuse gathering...

Although he is a much faster runner, Kevin C and I were running together and warming up for the first few miles of the half marathon at our Syracuse gathering. I pulled a muscle at mile 3 and was limping badly as I tried over the next several miles to work the pain out. Kevin slowed down too and he stuck with me for the rest of the race first making sure I was OK and not too injured to run and then keeping my attitude in the right place so I was able to come very close to my hoped for finish time...  Kevin gave up his chance at a good finish time on a perfectly flat and fast course to help me get through the race.  That meant a lot to me.

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:15 pm

I am constantly touched by how open, generous, and welcoming the members of this group are. Since the beginning many of our members have invited "The Gang" into their homes, hosted dinners and parties, and even acted as chauffeurs for both large gatherings and small.... And then there's Laura. in 2007 at the Akron gathering she gave everyone that fantastic hoodie with the hilarious  Oink  Oink...   Moo Moo...   Click Click... heart valve cartoon on the back... And again in Harrisburg Laura gave us all running jackets with all our races listed on the back... Those will always be my two most cherished pieces of running apparel. In Baltimore Venkat's gift of the book to each participant, Louise's gift of the HEART banner in Syracuse, Tom's wine every year, all the snacks, even the anonymous donation of Gary's Cheese Puffs... The list goes on and on. Everyone gives so much of themselves both on the forum and in person.

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel August on Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:54 pm

I feel very fortunate to have met the members of this group, all who have helped me engage in living life after heart surgery.

However, words cannot describe my deep gratitude for one member specifically who really helped me to recently overcome some of my lingering post OHS fears that I simply could not shake on my own.

Through the forum, Marc became aware of both my passion for running as well as for my newly found post-surgery running uncertainties. To help me through this time, he not only coached and supported me via the virtual environment, but he also traveled about 1,000 miles to run the GR Bridge run with me this past September.

That meant a lot to me, as his gesture has translated well beyond my running. Since his visit, I’ve not only been able to run without fear, but I’ve also been less fearful throughout my normal day to day activities as well. The type of support I’ve received from Marc and from others on this forum has meant more to me than anyone can possibly ever know because it has given me back a sense of well-being.

So my deep gratitude goes out to Marc and to all the members of this group, we’ve really all “been there” which I think allows us to benefit from a very strong and special bond that is shared among us all.

I hope that when the opportunity presents itself I’ll be able to offer similar support.

Rachel August

Back to top Go down

I really don't know where to begin

Post by Gary E on Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:19 am

I just think it is fabulous to make connections with people that aren't the least bit impaired because of a heart condition. They may have had to alter some of thier original goals, but to continue to pursue an active life-style and set an example for others is what attracted me to this organization.

There are just too many examples to possibly enumerate here, but I'll try to highlight just a few:

Spending a long weekend camping and kayaking with Tutt in the Adirondacks enroute to watch Bill and Renee complete the Lake Placid Ironman was tremendous (although I still want a re-match in our kayak race).

Attending most of the yearly gatherings at all the wonderful venues and meeting everyone in person. Thank you again to Laura and Venkat for the generous gifts, and to Dave, Mike, Tom and all the others (including their wonderful spouses) that have been instrumental in planning those events.

I want to thank Brian and Russ in the UK, and Tony and Craig in AUS, for setting such high standards for us to try and emulate. Then there is Trish, for attempting to keep those of us that tend to "get out of line" back on the straight and narrow.

I could spend pages just thanking each and every one of you that I've met in person or only on the printed page, but that would be impossible in this short space. Suffice to say, I'm very thankful to have been associated in any way with each and every one of you.
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Thayer on Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:22 pm

I wouldn't say that I'm not impaired...least of which is any cardiac concerns.

Ms R spoke to fears and tho it wasn't this forum but it's predecessor...it was there the constant positive and constructive feedback was given that led to my mental rehabilitation. And that was pre-op!

That positive attitude certainly made a difference throughout my procedure and post op recovery....so much so that the same people that pumped me up pre-op had to give me rational words of caution post-op. ( I had the errant idea that recovery was another race...oops).

You don't get this stuff at the cardiologists office.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention at least one CA...Cory Cabot (Dog512). He got me started and handed me off to all of you...

And Gary...I'm still here...whenever/where ever...just awaitin' on ya old timer:P 

Back to top Go down

Sorry to stray off topic, Gang, but I must respond to the previous members closing remarks

Post by Gary E on Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:22 pm

Marc,

Just to warn you, I'm over my knee issue and running (if you consider my pace to be referred to as that) again. The back of the other knee held up for three months before the malady (akin to a Baker's cyst) mysteriously migrated to the back of the other knee.  Since I only have two knees, I'm thinking I'm done with that phase of my "running injury" history.

Perhaps by late spring we will have to meet up and settle this long-standing issue. For those of you just tuning in, the young whippersnapper thinks he can take down the old-timer in a foot race. No distance or handicapping elements have been proffered yet, but I'm sure with the assistance of the rest of the members of this forum, that we can make something happen.

Rejuvenated Senior Citizen
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Thayer on Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:48 pm

I'm thinking March 16 old timer.

You need me to give you a decent set of laces?

Yrs Truly
Whippersnapper

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum