heartorg
All information contained within this forum is strictly the opinion of the person posting it and should in no way be considered medical advice. You should always consult your health care provider prior to making any changes in your activity level.
By viewing this forum you are agreeing to the following:
I hereby, intending to be legally bound for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, waive and release any and all rights for liability and damages I may have against any officer, agent, employee, or volunteer of H.E.A.R.T. and their representatives, successors, and assigns for any and all injuries or death suffered by me in or arising from my use of the information contained herein.
Link To HEART Web Site
Cleveland Clinic Sports Cardiology
Here
Latest topics
» We Lost A Dear Friend Today
by Dave Tuttle Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:10 pm

» LogARun Leaderboard
by EugeneRunner Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:09 am

» Linda Evans Memorial Fund and Family Statement
by Dave Tuttle Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:29 am

» Update since ablation
by Gary E Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:00 pm

» Statins Or Not?
by twal Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:16 pm

» PRP injections for tendonosis
by EugeneRunner Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:44 pm

» Swimming for exercise - not competitively
by Gary E Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:17 pm

» Tell Us About Your Surgery Or Procedure.
by mikenall Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:24 pm

» 2017 Goals and Races?
by jerseyguy Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:09 pm

» 2016 Wrapup
by RoadKillBill Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:19 pm

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of heartorg on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Empipre State Marathon Results

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Empipre State Marathon Results

Post by twal on Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:36 pm

We had a nicet time at the Empire State Marathon weekend. It was great seeing all of you.

I looked though the posted results for the marathon. Here's a summary for those of you who missed it.

Marathon Relay (Heart 1 emerged victorious in a close race)

38. (23) Heart 1 - Rachel Bishop, Paul Hobbs, Ethan Hobbs, Jack Berkery 4:16:18

41. (26) Heart 2 - Mike Nall, Marc Thayer, Hugh Brownstone, Laura Fucci - 4:20:49

First number is overall place out of 75 (number in parenthes is place among Mixed teams out of 42)

Half Marathon

399. Tom Walski - 1:52:58
745. Dave Madden - 2:05:32
941. Dave Tuttle - 2:14:08
946. Kevin Carpenter - 2:14:23
1073. Mark Siwik - 2:21:56
1074. Tom Price - 2:21:58

There were 1385 finishers. Conditions were windy and cool.

I'm looking forward to seeing you folks and others, who coldn't make it, next year.

twal

Back to top Go down

Re: Empipre State Marathon Results

Post by kodi30 on Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:48 pm

Thanks for posting the times. I'm proud of all you guys and gals and hope you're all proud too. Great times and places for everyone. Tom your half time is really good.
Looks like Dave & Kevin and Mark & Tom had a little sprint competition at the end. Smile

kodi30

Back to top Go down

Post by trishb on Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:55 pm

Whoo Hoo!!!

Congratulations to all of you!
You are the biggest winners!!!!

trishb

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary E on Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:50 pm

Linda and I sure missed seeing all of you this year. For those that don't know, Linda has never missed starting our local marathon (and I've only missed a few myself) which, unfortunately, fell on the same day as your gathering. The Columbus Marathon (now titled the Nationwide Childrens Hospital Columbus Marathon) was first run in 1980 and this 34th edition saw Linda finish third in her age group with a 4:09 time (she's looking forward to next year when she will be the youngest instead of oldest member of her age-group). It was also her 64th overall marathon, and if I don't get back in shape soon, she'll surely eclipse my mark in a few years.

I started the Half Marathon version - knowing I wouldn't go far. I'd been sidelined with a bursa issue in the back of my knee and only ran a half mile earlier in the week and a two miler a few days ago (after a six week total layoff). I was delighted to get to the eight mile mark before my "out of shape" legs started to wilt. At that point the course veers away from the finish for a few miles and I didn't want to resort to walking the last few ...so I called it a day.

Our race was closed after 11,000 participants registered in the half and 7,000 in the full, so despite four wave starts, the roads were really clogged. For the second consecutive year the long course ran through the south end zone of Ohio Stadium (home of the Buckeyes). Perhaps some day the group might find it's gathering here in central Ohio. Just a thought...but I certainly don't have the managerial skills of the current organizers, so I won't hold my breath on that one.

Anyway, I just wanted to say congratulations to all of you, and we both sure missed being up there to see everyone.

Last edited by Gary E on Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : revised results moved Linda down to third)
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by twal on Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:07 pm

We missed you and Lady Brutus as well.

twal

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary E on Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:18 pm

Thanks, Tom. Did anyone bring cheese-puffs this year?
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by RoadKillBill on Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:43 am

Glad to hear that everything went well. Some of us no-shows will need some pics - I hope to see an album posted.

RoadKillBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom price on Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:48 am

I hope everyone enjoyed Syracuse....the smaller race seemed to be a nice fit for us. It was great seeing everyone this year!
Tom price

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:18 am

Diane and I had a fantastic time all weekend and the 2013 gathering is going to be remembered as one of our all time favorites. We had a super group of friends there and we were able to spend a lot of really fun time together. The race was very well run with a beautiful course along the lake. We enjoyed the smaller size too. It made it so much easier for us to find each other both out on the race course and after we finished. We were also able to easily see and cheer our runners across the finish line. Thank you Tom and Liz and Richard for all you did to help make this weekend so nice... from my perspective this was one of the easiest, most enjoyable gatherings I've worked on...

And a special thank you to Kevin. I pulled a muscle at mile 3 and slowed down trying to run through it. Kevin slowed down too and stuck with me for the next 10 miles first making sure I was OK and not too injured to run and second keeping my attitude in the right place so I was able to come very close to my hoped for finish time. That meant a lot to me...

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sumorunner on Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:46 am

It was a fun time, even though I was responsible for slowing the team down. Better start thinking of the next meetup.

Sumorunner

http://www.MohawkView.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DonSoule on Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:20 pm

Congratulations on all your races at the Empire State Marathon  Very Happy   Sounds like everyone had a great time!  Sorry I couldn't make it this year.  I hope to make it next time but please try and pick a race that doesn't happen on the 3rd weekend in October so Gary, Linda and I can make it.  

I also will have a conflict next year on that same weekend since I have a streak going at the Mankato Marathon in MN.   I ran the 4th annual Mankato Marathon yesterday and I've run everyone so far.  It's a small local marathon which is very well supported by the small city of Mankato.  This year they announced  that they are starting a "Legacy Club" for the 43 of us that have run the first 4 and sign up for next years race with some local recognition and a few perks so I'm planning to join that club by running it next year.   It's the closest Marathon to the small town I was born in and graduated from High School at so I consider it my home town marathon.  Smile

Pacemaker, January 16, 2009
Boston Scientific, Altrua 60 S602
Fairview Southdale Hospital
Minneapolis, MN
DonSoule

Back to top Go down

Post by twal on Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:45 pm

How did you do at Mankato?

twal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel August on Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:39 pm

It’s Monday night and we just pulled in from Syracuse about 15 min ago - 11 hour drive straight through from NY to MI!!! Drank lots of coffee…..

Syracuse was a BLAST – it was so much fun meeting up with you all – eating…..drinking….staying out late……freezing….and cheering everyone on!!! Oh – and RUNNING!!! I was on the first leg of the team one relay and had a great time running near the lake with the moon over the water – sun coming up…..wind stinging my face – WOW I loved that time I spent running. I ran faster than I’ve run since surgery – (about 8:43 min pace for a little over 7 miles) mostly because I was freezing my back-side off….but hey – it worked!!!

Thanks Tom for posting those results!

So team one took the title this year? Hmmmm……. BTW Jack -  you did NOT pull our team down – you yourself had a great running time!!!

I have to say though that although we had a GREAT time we REALLY missed the people who couldn’t make it!

Rachel August

Back to top Go down

Post by LLJ on Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:41 am

HEY!! It was so fun....cant wait to do it again next year. Is there no other way than a flicker type file to share photos? Can I upload them directly to the forum? Those of you on FB can see them on my page.
You guys are the best-makes me glad I had a bum ticker
LLJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:27 am

Nice pictures Laura and Tom... Thanks! I posted some info about uploading pictures directly to this forum.

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:33 pm

We had a great time in Syracuse, got in around 9 last night, long day.  We are looking forward to the Cleveland get together next spring, hopefully we can make it, Brian Nash organizes the event.

It was great seeing everyone, I plan on being a participant next year.

Back to top Go down

Post by kcy1998 on Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:01 am

Syracuse was a great time. The best part was connecting up with everyone. Around mile three Dave and I are chatting it up and the next thing I know Dave is in agony and screaming out a blood curdling sound. Dave slowed down a bit but kept going. Dave even tried to loose me but he could not shake me.
Way to go Dave!
kc

kcy1998

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum