heartorg
All information contained within this forum is strictly the opinion of the person posting it and should in no way be considered medical advice. You should always consult your health care provider prior to making any changes in your activity level.
By viewing this forum you are agreeing to the following:
I hereby, intending to be legally bound for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, waive and release any and all rights for liability and damages I may have against any officer, agent, employee, or volunteer of H.E.A.R.T. and their representatives, successors, and assigns for any and all injuries or death suffered by me in or arising from my use of the information contained herein.
Link To HEART Web Site
Cleveland Clinic Sports Cardiology
Here
Latest topics
» We Lost A Dear Friend Today
by Dave Tuttle Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:10 pm

» LogARun Leaderboard
by EugeneRunner Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:09 am

» Linda Evans Memorial Fund and Family Statement
by Dave Tuttle Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:29 am

» Update since ablation
by Gary E Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:00 pm

» Statins Or Not?
by twal Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:16 pm

» PRP injections for tendonosis
by EugeneRunner Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:44 pm

» Swimming for exercise - not competitively
by Gary E Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:17 pm

» Tell Us About Your Surgery Or Procedure.
by mikenall Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:24 pm

» 2017 Goals and Races?
by jerseyguy Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:09 pm

» 2016 Wrapup
by RoadKillBill Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:19 pm

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of heartorg on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Last Minute Notes For Syracuse

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Last Minute Notes For Syracuse

Post by Dave Tuttle on Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:58 pm

Race weekend is just a few short days away now and the excitement is growing!

We will miss those of you who can't join us this year and we hope to see you again in 2014. Over the years we have made so many good friends through these gatherings and we all want to stay connected with you...  

Our gatherings are first and foremost about beating our heart disease and heart defects, building friendships, and supporting our "HEART Buddies" but there is also quite a bit of friendly rivalry taking place on the HEART forum between Relay Team 1 and Team 2  http://heartorg.forumotion.com/   ... Without a doubt both teams are pretty evenly matched, each with a couple of very talented runners as well as runners like me who do our best but are just happy we CAN run... It should be a very close race and a lot of fun but it's still anyone's guess which team will win bragging rights until we run again in 2014... I'm putting my money on Team 1 for now. With the Young Gun AND Pink Shoes, I just don't see how they can be beat... We'll see. And no matter who wins Sunday we're all winners in the toughest race, our own race.

With 7 of us registered for the Half Marathon, we have a lot to follow here too. Again we should see some impressive times even for the "non heart problem population" as well as some very solid times for our "mature" HEART runners... If you're running the Half and want to run with a "HEART BUDDY", there should be one of us running near your pace.

A couple of last minute reminders:

The banquet is at 6:30 pm Saturday. The room is Laurel One, just off the restaurant.  

We will be able to gather earlier before the banquet, lets say 5:30 in the bar area which is close by for social time.    

If you need late check out on Sunday, ask for it when you check in to the hotel.

Everyone will need to pick up their own race packets at the Expo either Friday or Saturday.

The Maplewood Inn provides shuttle service to and from the race but departure times need to be verified when you check in. There seems to be some confusion at the moment.

We'll pass out race shirts at the banquet and finalize race day team and spectator logistics including car pooling.

See you all in a few days!!

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Re: Last Minute Notes For Syracuse

Post by twal on Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:47 am

Let me see if I've got this right. The packet pickup is not at the start area but at a place called Driver's Villiage which is about 5 miles north of our hotel off the outer beltway. Packets need to be picked up by 5:00 pm on Saturday. Right?

twal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel August on Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:32 pm

Tom, that's what I understand:

http://empirestatemarathon.com/general-info/

Race weekend includes The Burdick Driver’s Village New York State Health and Wellness Expo at Driver’s Village 1st Floor around the Clock Area, Friday, October 18th noon to 7 pm and Saturday, October 19th 10 am to 5 pm.

Packet Pick up is held at the Expo.

http://empirestatemarathon.com/directions-to-drivers-village/

Rachel August

Back to top Go down

Post by Sumorunner on Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:32 am

Oh, and I'm coming in by train. I thought I could just walk over from the RR station to the stadium. I'll have to go to the hotel first and then look for a way to get to the registration. Train nominally gets in at 12:48, so I'll arrive sometime after 1:00.

Sumorunner

http://www.MohawkView.com

Back to top Go down

Post by marathonman60 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:30 am

I hope everyone has a great time. I have my new CA kit, but have to wait until next year.
Tom C

marathonman60

http://www.tom'srunningtoday-blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sumorunner on Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:10 pm

I noticed on the Maplewood Inn web site, there's an indoor pool. I'm hoping they have a hot tub with it so I can soak these old bones after a long run.

Sumorunner

http://www.MohawkView.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:26 pm

Sumorunner wrote:Oh, and I'm coming in by train. I thought I could just walk over from the RR station to the stadium. I'll have to go to the hotel first and then look for a way to get to the registration. Train nominally gets in at 12:48, so I'll arrive sometime after 1:00.
There should be several of us headed to the Expo around that time Jack... Give me a call when you get there.

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:42 pm

Sumorunner wrote:I noticed on the Maplewood Inn web site, there's an indoor pool. I'm hoping they have a hot tub with it so I can soak these old bones after a long run.
Laura wants us to meet up at the bar after the race... And Mike said something about before the race too jocolor 

I think that will be my first stop. Beer IS the perfect race recovery drink after all.... Then maybe the hot tub.

See Ya All In Syracuse!!

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum