heartorg
All information contained within this forum is strictly the opinion of the person posting it and should in no way be considered medical advice. You should always consult your health care provider prior to making any changes in your activity level.
By viewing this forum you are agreeing to the following:
I hereby, intending to be legally bound for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, waive and release any and all rights for liability and damages I may have against any officer, agent, employee, or volunteer of H.E.A.R.T. and their representatives, successors, and assigns for any and all injuries or death suffered by me in or arising from my use of the information contained herein.
Link To HEART Web Site
Cleveland Clinic Sports Cardiology
Here
Latest topics
» LogARun Leaderboard
by EugeneRunner Today at 1:09 am

» We Lost A Dear Friend Today
by Gary E Yesterday at 10:13 pm

» Linda Evans Memorial Fund and Family Statement
by Dave Tuttle Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:29 am

» Update since ablation
by Gary E Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:00 pm

» Statins Or Not?
by twal Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:16 pm

» PRP injections for tendonosis
by EugeneRunner Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:44 pm

» Swimming for exercise - not competitively
by Gary E Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:17 pm

» Tell Us About Your Surgery Or Procedure.
by mikenall Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:24 pm

» 2017 Goals and Races?
by jerseyguy Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:09 pm

» 2016 Wrapup
by RoadKillBill Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:19 pm

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of heartorg on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Welcome Forum Visitors

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Welcome Forum Visitors

Post by Admin on Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:52 pm

We want to be sure that all our visitors know that we welcome them here if they care to join.

We especially want this forum to serve as a source of encouragement to those who may have been recently diagnosed with a heart problem or perhaps are wanting to start ramping up their exercise after completing cardiac rehab.

It may appear like everyone posting on this forum has been exceptionally fortunate or maybe just a little obsessed to accomplish what they have in spite of a heart issue but the truth is that they all (including me) were not too long ago struggling with the same questions and fears that you now have. Most of our current members have made great progress but we all understand life will never again be the same... It may be even better since we now have a new perspective.

If you would like to communicate with some truly wonderful people who know exactly what you're facing right now please feel free to register and introduce yourself on the forum... We assure you that you will be warmly welcomed whether you are a walker, a runner, a biker or swimmer or anything else you may want do to win your personal battle with your heart problem. We're here for you but you have to join to if you want to be part of this great community.
Admin
Admin

http://heartorg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome Forum Visitors

Post by JudiWeitman on Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:49 pm

Hi, I have been a long distance runner for over 30 years. I was blindsided October 1with an emergency triple bypass. I was 100% blocked LAD , 85%, 85% I think I'm still in denial after 36 sessions at rehab. Happy to find a heart/running group

JudiWeitman

Back to top Go down

Post by mikenall on Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:11 pm

Welcome Judi. I think all of us were blindsided in one way or another.

Biotronik Evia DR-T dual chamber pacemaker August 2013
mikenall

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:35 am

JudiWeitman wrote:Hi, I have been a long distance runner for over 30 years. I was blindsided October 1with an emergency triple bypass. I was 100% blocked LAD , 85%, 85% I think I'm still in denial after 36 sessions at rehab. Happy to find a heart/running group

Welcome to HEART Judi! That was a close one!! Any family history of heart disease?

It's good that you're in rehab. Since you're a long time runner are they letting you push as hard as you want to?  

Please consider joining the HEART gang in Shepherdstown, WV for our 10th annual gathering... Great friends and great fun!

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sumorunner on Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:52 am

Nope, not me. I was not blind-sided and had years, even decades of warning and yet the minor stroke I had in 1987 took me by surprise anyway. That's called denial which is not a river in Egypt, but a personality trait.

Sumorunner

http://www.MohawkView.com

Back to top Go down

Post by twal on Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:10 am

Hi Judi, tell us more about yourself. How old are you, how many kids do you have, what kind of times did you run, where do you live? If any of this is too personal, don't answer. We just like to get to know you.

twal

Back to top Go down

Post by LMRun on Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:22 pm

Welcome to HEART Judi.

23 mm On-X Mechanical Heart Valve
Home Test INR since February, 2008 Smile
LMRun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sumorunner on Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:02 am

Judi, if you haven't found it already, there's a book by and about others who have gone down this route. It helped me a great deal to read how others coped and returned to running after heart procedures. My story was not unique and you may find neither is yours.

"Cardiac Athletes" is available on Amazon and Barnes & Noble. http://www.amazon.com/Cardiac-Athletes-Superheroes-Beating-Disease/product-reviews/1500159638

Sumorunner

http://www.MohawkView.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel August on Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:11 am

JudiWeitman wrote:Hi, I have been a long distance runner for over 30 years. I was blindsided October 1with an emergency triple bypass. I was 100% blocked LAD , 85%, 85% I think I'm still in denial after 36 sessions at rehab. Happy to find a heart/running group

Hi and welcome Judi!!!! Sorry you were blindsided - not fun, but at least you survived!!!! I was also blindsided but in a different way - I was born with a bicuspid aortic valve and had also developed a 5.2cm aortic aneurysm that gave off ZERO symptoms - I could have died instantly if I hadn't discovered my condition in time (which I discovered by accident) - so I went for 45 years without knowing about my little birth defect.... AKA ticking time bomb.

We are the lucky ones who get to wake up and do what we do, to continue to live and to run, quite an amazing little miracle isn't it?

Really hope that you'll be able to meet up with us in WV this October, we've got quite a great group here!!!!

Rachel August

Back to top Go down

Post by RoadKillBill on Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:12 am

Hi Judi

Welcome to the group! Please keep us posted on your progress.

RoadKillBill

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum