heartorg
All information contained within this forum is strictly the opinion of the person posting it and should in no way be considered medical advice. You should always consult your health care provider prior to making any changes in your activity level.
By viewing this forum you are agreeing to the following:
I hereby, intending to be legally bound for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, waive and release any and all rights for liability and damages I may have against any officer, agent, employee, or volunteer of H.E.A.R.T. and their representatives, successors, and assigns for any and all injuries or death suffered by me in or arising from my use of the information contained herein.
Link To HEART Web Site
Cleveland Clinic Sports Cardiology
Here
Latest topics
» LogARun Leaderboard
by EugeneRunner Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:09 am

» We Lost A Dear Friend Today
by Gary E Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:13 pm

» Linda Evans Memorial Fund and Family Statement
by Dave Tuttle Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:29 am

» Update since ablation
by Gary E Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:00 pm

» Statins Or Not?
by twal Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:16 pm

» PRP injections for tendonosis
by EugeneRunner Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:44 pm

» Swimming for exercise - not competitively
by Gary E Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:17 pm

» Tell Us About Your Surgery Or Procedure.
by mikenall Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:24 pm

» 2017 Goals and Races?
by jerseyguy Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:09 pm

» 2016 Wrapup
by RoadKillBill Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:19 pm

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of heartorg on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

LogARun Leaderboard

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: LogARun Leaderboard

Post by Sumorunner on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:08 am

Hey! It's BAAAAACK!

Sumorunner

http://www.MohawkView.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sumorunner on Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:07 pm

OK, I backed in my workouts for the past month. Bear in mind that the "runs" are now walks.

Sumorunner

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary E on Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:15 pm

One of our superstars is in 6th place in the overall rankings for all males in the past seven days.  I'm willing to bet that he's one of the older runners too.  Congrats to Craig!!!

James Corti (110.0)
Josh Ordway, MD (103.4)
Ries (97.1)
cheyne (91.0)
Paul Gennaro (90.0)
EugeneRunner (88.0)
ChassStar (85.0)
Steven Kool (83.7)
MattLoalbo (82.7)
Will McDermott (81.0)

The age-group rankings have now been resurrected, as well as all the other categories too.
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary E on Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:33 pm

Sumorunner wrote:OK, I backed in my workouts for the past month. Bear in mind that the "runs" are now walks.

Don't feel bad, Jack, my running seems like a walk compared to all the "youngsters" that are whizzing past me on the bike-paths these days.  Luckily, no one recognizes me anymore, but it is still rather embarrassing when I have to put my times down on the logarun site.  Even if local races have categories for 70+, I doubt that I could outrun those that don't have at least fifty-five years of abuse in their legs.
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by EugeneRunner on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:58 pm

I'm up to #3 on the 7 day all ages list, and #4 on the 30 day total this morning. That is as high as I will be for a while. I'm turning 50 tomorrow, and tapering down dramatically to run a 5K and half marathon. I was starting to feel a little burned out anyway. I'm not one of those guys who can sustain peak training for months or years at a time. At some point it stops being fun to be training that hard for long periods. I'll usually take a down week every 3-5 weeks, and a few down months every year.

I had an extra long 5 week block of high mileage training, and I'll drop way back to freshen up for a college 5K on the track on Saturday. Then just a week of moderate training and then another very easy week before a half marathon. Then recovery from the half means I'll have about 4 weeks total pretty light, which should be enough to feel refreshed. Then back to heavy training again for a semi-secret summer goal.

Last edited by EugeneRunner on Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellthorpe on Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:11 pm

Sounds like you understand yourself pretty well, and have the mixture just right!
Bellthorpe

http://coolrunning.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellthorpe on Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:20 pm

Gary E wrote:The last time this happened, I emailed a former classmate of Corey (the owner of the site) from the days when they were cross-country teammates at DePauw. At that time he stated that Corey's wife had just delivered a baby and was probably not paying any attention to the site.  Shortly thereafter the problem was fixed, and I will try that same tactic again this evening, however I had heard that Corey has a rather demanding job in the Seattle area and only checks on the site when he has a spare moment.  

I'm also disappointed that he can't provide a method to keep the jerks that sabotage the site (with fake names and numbers) from entering their data, which spoils it for the rest of us.  I'm reluctant to switch to another site, but if anyone has a suggestion for one that allows us to keep records in as many categories as this one does, and provides leaderboards based on age-groups, I would certainly entertain the thought of moving my data over...assuming it is a free site.

In February last year I emailed Corey about the obscene user names that were being posted with ridiculously high mileage, and the emails bounced. The inbox was not being attended to. I emailed Columbus Running and also got no response. So I posted a screen-shot of the obscenities to their Facebook page. They got it fixed quickly.
Bellthorpe

http://coolrunning.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by EugeneRunner on Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:49 pm

After today's train wreck of a workout, there is no question it is time to take a break.

With some of the troubles LogARun has occasionally, it may be time for me to resurrect my project to create my own online training log.

Back to top Go down

two of our super athletes get the job done...on social media and on the track

Post by Gary E on Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:55 am

Craig W, thanks for your "magic" effort.  I had tried to reach Torrey (the founder of the site - who has since  turned it over to others), called Columbus Running Club and spoke to Eric (one of the co-owners) on several occasions,  and just plain gave up when months of efforts proved futile.  I'm delighted that you found a more effective way to solve the issue.  

Let's just hope that the jerks that post fraudulent data have move on to other mischief (or have grown up).  Perhaps Craig G will come up with a better solution with his creation.  I think he needs that pursuit in order to scale back his "over-the-top" training of late.
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary E on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:14 am

Also of note regarding logarun's leaderboard:

1. EugeneRunner (85.5)
2. russwyd (56.0)

The top two in the "over 50" age group.  Yep, E.R. is now 50, can you believe it?  Our organization has two of the best "mature" runners in the world.
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary E on Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:53 am

I no longer have to personally document a weekly leaderboard since the LogARun website is fully functioning again, but I just have to mention the results of today's stats.

Not only does our team have the two leaders separated by only one mile,
1.EugeneRunner (55.0)
2.russwyd (54.0)

...but I find it a rare that the rest of the team is bunched together so closely:

12. Brutus (24.3)
14. Tom Walski (22.9)
15. Bellthorpe (20.2)
16. SumoRunner (10.6)
17. Klemp (10.5)
18. The New Me (10.5
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary E on Sat May 20, 2017 7:04 am

Just had to post that I've never been sandwiched between our two mega-mileage stars before.  They must both be resting between big race weeks!!!

12. russwyd (24.0)
13. Brutus (19.9)
14. EugeneRunner (18.0)
15. UofMFan67 (16.2)
16. Klemp (13.2)
17. Tom Walski (13.0)

DonMan is in tenth today, and as long as this Buckeye stays ahead of the UofM fan life is good.  It is also great that the site is running smoothly again so that I don't have to manually enter running totals once a week.
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by twal on Wed May 31, 2017 9:01 pm

I just noticed that thanks to my Duathlon I'm on both the running and biking lists for the first time in a couple of years.

twal

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary E on Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:32 am

Outstanding, Tom, wish I still had that kind of endurance.  I try and complete two workouts every day, but I need a long nap in between them.
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by Sumorunner on Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:35 pm

I backed out of plans for another sprint triathlon on June 11 because I waited too long and the price went over $100. Rather ridiculous, but I am noticing all triathlons have huge penalties for late entry. They demand commitment several months in advance and then the entry is non-refundable. I can sign up late for as many as 10 local running club races with no price increase. Maybe I'm just spoiled.

So I looked into the open water swim schedule and that's quite a bit more reasonable. So distance swimming will be my target this summer. I haven't been able to bike much anyway. The weather has been awful the past month. I did get in the longest ride of my life yesterday though, 15 miles. I've never done more than 13 non-stop before.

Sumorunner

Back to top Go down

Post by twal on Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:00 pm

Sumo, setting a distance PR is great.

twal

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary E on Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:19 pm

A nice smattering of our athletes on the 50+ running leaderboard today.  Russ is on top with one of his huge endurance events

1 russwyd (103.0)
5 EugeneRunner (50.0)
8 DonMan (30.0)
9 Brutus (28.4)
11 Klemp (17.7)
16 Tom Walski (11.0)
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary E on Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:54 am

Highest ranking ever for me in this category.

50+ male runners:
1.EugeneRunner (77.0)
3.Brutus (35.5)
6.russwyd (30.0)
10.Tom Walski (22.2)
16.Klemp
20.DonMan(20)
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:12 pm

Gary E wrote:Highest ranking ever for me in this category.

50+ male runners:
1.EugeneRunner (77.0)
3.Brutus (35.5)
6.russwyd (30.0)
10.Tom Walski (22.2)
16.Klemp
20.DonMan(20)

Those are some fantastic numbers from all of you guys!!

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary E on Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:52 am

After the longest hiatus yet, the leaderboards are finally up and running again.  Hope it lasts, but I'm bummed because I can't run at present (hamstring and hip issue).  I going to attempt physical therapy at a sports medicine facility on campus, because I really want to at least do the half in Columbus this fall.
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary E on Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:59 pm

It is sad for me to see Linda's name slowly descend in the leaderboard categories where she was always first Sad
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by EugeneRunner on Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:09 am

Gary E wrote:It is sad for me to see Linda's name slowly descend in the leaderboard categories where she was always first Sad

I have the exact same thought each day when I post my workout...

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum