heartorg
All information contained within this forum is strictly the opinion of the person posting it and should in no way be considered medical advice. You should always consult your health care provider prior to making any changes in your activity level.
By viewing this forum you are agreeing to the following:
I hereby, intending to be legally bound for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, waive and release any and all rights for liability and damages I may have against any officer, agent, employee, or volunteer of H.E.A.R.T. and their representatives, successors, and assigns for any and all injuries or death suffered by me in or arising from my use of the information contained herein.
Link To HEART Web Site
Cleveland Clinic Sports Cardiology
Here
Latest topics
» LogARun Leaderboard
by Gary E Sat May 20, 2017 7:04 am

» Update since ablation
by Gary E Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:00 pm

» Statins Or Not?
by twal Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:16 pm

» PRP injections for tendonosis
by EugeneRunner Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:44 pm

» Swimming for exercise - not competitively
by Gary E Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:17 pm

» Tell Us About Your Surgery Or Procedure.
by mikenall Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:24 pm

» 2017 Goals and Races?
by jerseyguy Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:09 pm

» 2016 Wrapup
by RoadKillBill Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:19 pm

» Florence Half Marathon
by jerseyguy Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:27 am

by Admin Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:28 am

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of heartorg on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

LogARun Leaderboard

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: LogARun Leaderboard

Post by Gary E on Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:23 pm

Jack, with your upper-body strength, I bet you can really power through a 200. Have you mastered the flip turn yet?
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by Sumorunner on Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:06 am

[quote="Gary E"]Jack, with your upper-body strength, I bet you can really power through a 200.  Have you mastered the flip turn yet?[/quote]

Swimming is all about technique, not so much power. I could probably bench press any of the people in my swim group but they can all out swim me at any distance.

I've tried flip turns with no success so far, but I've gotten very good with an open turn. When you get it right, you don't surface for a stroke until you're past the flags. I also haven't figured out how to make a turn doing backstroke. I can do an OK back stroke, but only for 1 length. Never learned how to do butterfly though.

US Masters Swimming has an annual 1 hour swim competition in Jan/Feb. I did mine yesterday, 2275 yds (1.3 miles). That's about a 45 minute mile. I'd like to get down to a 40 min. mile.

Sumorunner

http://www.MohawkView.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sumorunner on Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:52 am

I have not been able to view the leader board in a week. Is it my browser or the web site?

Sumorunner

Back to top Go down

Post by twal on Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:52 am

This is happening to me too. It appears it's a system wide problem. It has been going on for several days.

twal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sumorunner on Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:37 am

I was in the sysadmin game for long enough to know there are only a couple possibilities of what happened. When something is down this long, it's either a database crash and there were no backups, which is unconscionable. It would be necessary to fix things manually, if possible. Or they were caught using copyrighted software and are forced to pay up to continue, or redesign the whole back end with freeware. That too can be a lot of work. Meanwhile, they'll lose a lot of users.

Sumorunner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sumorunner on Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:44 am

Still cannot access leaderboards. Is it perhaps time to abandon logarun? Does anyone know of a similar site?

Sumorunner

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary E on Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:34 am

The last time this happened, I emailed a former classmate of Corey (the owner of the site) from the days when they were cross-country teammates at DePauw. At that time he stated that Corey's wife had just delivered a baby and was probably not paying any attention to the site.  Shortly thereafter the problem was fixed, and I will try that same tactic again this evening, however I had heard that Corey has a rather demanding job in the Seattle area and only checks on the site when he has a spare moment.  

I'm also disappointed that he can't provide a method to keep the jerks that sabotage the site (with fake names and numbers) from entering their data, which spoils it for the rest of us.  I'm reluctant to switch to another site, but if anyone has a suggestion for one that allows us to keep records in as many categories as this one does, and provides leaderboards based on age-groups, I would certainly entertain the thought of moving my data over...assuming it is a free site.

Cheapskate Gary
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by EugeneRunner on Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:37 pm

For many years I've thought about creating my own running log site. I made a minimal version back in 1982. I've made a few false starts at the full featured version, but never had the time to put it all together. Maybe it is time to resurrect that effort. I really like the leader board concept, and I have a more extensive set of leader boards planned.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary E on Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:45 pm

I finally got in touch with someone at the Columbus Running Company (a sponsor of the site) that told me Torrey (the person that originally designed and set up the site many years ago) has moved on to other pursuits and wanted someone else to take over.  The new manager (named Seth) will be contacted about the problems with the leaderboard function immediately.  The rest of the site still seems fine to me, but I especially enjoyed the "leaderboard" listing from a purely motivational standpoint.  It is easier to see teammates (and rivals that are not CA's) on those age-group listings rather than having to search each member's home page.
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary E on Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:59 am

I still haven't heard a word from the new manager of the site, so I thought I'd create a temporary one for our members.  That may help me stay motivated when I know I'm only a few miles behind one of you (in other words, there is no way that I'm competing against the big hitters of the group).

Please log your mileage on the LogARun site and I will attempt to update the rankings once a week.  We currently have 38 members, but I only saw 7 postings  last week, so please help me spread the word if you are interested in this form of motivation.
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary E on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:15 am

Running Leaderboard 2/26/17 thru 2/4/17

1 EugeneRunner  77
2 Lady Brutus      42 (wonder why I wed such a  fanatic)
3 DonMan            39.4   
4 Russwyd           33
5 Brutus              23.89
6 TomWalski        15.05
7 Klemp                6

If you prefer not to be listed, or are a member of the witness protection program like me, just let me know and I'll erase your name.  Please contact any of your teammates that are no longer participating in the site, or anyone that is new and wants to sign up, and we'll see if this flies until the age/group leaderboards are returned by the real manager.
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by Sumorunner on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:15 am

I haven't input anything in 2 weeks. What was the sense? How can you make a list without the boards? You would have to look into each person's calendar separately.

Sumorunner

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary E on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:18 am

The team page is still intact, but I think it only lists running at present.  I'll check into it though.

I just checked into it and noticed that it does include everything you wish to enter.  For example I see my swimming, push-ups, sit-ups, and running time for each week.  I think it is available to everyone, not just the coaches.  Click on the tab under "team" and see if you enabled that function.  It gives a weekly listing of every members data for more than a decade (although I didn't scroll that far back).

I also assume all of our general report functions are still functional.  That is the tool you can use to see your data for any period of time (and what I use for my yearly summary of everything from my weight, to number of days run, to mileage for any given year, etc.)

Last edited by Gary E on Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary E on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:40 am

Yes, even my data from the time that I was first told about such a site by our dear friend "Caratacus" (Brian Hart) is available. That reminds me, I've got to send a message to Russ about Brian since I haven't heard from him in years!!! 

General Report for Brutus
From 03/23/2008 to 03/09/2017
Overall
Total Miles: 10527.70 Miles
Days Run: 2185
Total Days: 3273
Percentage: 66.76 %
Biggest Running Streak: 88 days
Current Running Streak: 0 days
Number of Runs: 2500
Activities
Bike: 2869.0013 miles
Swim: 2182.2350 miles
Pushup: 33678 total reps
Situp: 82967 total reps
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary E on Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:34 pm

Here is this week's CA Leaderboard (3/5 thru 3/11)

Russwyd 43.00
Eugene R 46.50
Lady Brut 43.00
Brutus      22.72
Twal         15.71
Don Man    5.00
New Me     2.50
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary E on Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:38 pm

Here is the week's CA Leaderboard for running 2/12 -18

Eugene R 82.00
Lady Brut 44.00
Russwyd  20.00
Tutt          20.00
Brutus      16.59
Twal         13.00
Klemp        8.18
New Me      7.00

Craig is on fire!  An 82 mile week?  That is Russ-like.  Way to go, you are even 8th out of all runners (meaning you are beating all those college studs).

Last edited by Gary E on Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:54 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : new addition to boards)
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:05 pm

Great work Guys & Gals!!!

You can put me down for 20 miles last week.

Thank you Gary for keeping the Leaderboards going!

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary E on Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:55 pm

Eugene R 80.50
Russwyd  48.00
Lady Brut 40.00
T Walski   23.83
Brutus      22.95
D Tutt       20.00
Klemp        9.50
New Me      8.00

Craig dropped a tiny bit and my little lady rose a tad, But Russ more than doubled his totals from last week! Tom has leapfrogged me Smile, Bob and Brad each improved...and Dave and Don haven't reported yet.

Added Dave (see next posting)

Last edited by Gary E on Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:17 am

Gary E wrote:Eugene R 80.50
Russwyd  48.00
Lady Brut 40.00
T Walski   23.83
Brutus      22.95
Klemp        9.50
New Me      8.00

Craig dropped a tiny bit and my little lady rose a tad, But Russ more than doubled his totals from last week! Tom has leapfrogged me Smile, Bob and Brad each improved...and Dave and Don haven't reported yet.  

You knew I was going to run 20 again last week and ran just enough to beat me didn't you Gary! You can back off a little next week, we're going to be on the road with fewer running opportunities.

Great to see everyone running strong!

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

3/26 to 4/1 results

Post by Gary E on Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:43 am

Eugene R   86
Russwyd    41
Lady B       41
Brutus        22.63
T Walski     20.97
Tutt            20
Klemp         9.25
New Me       5

Notice the tie for second between my wife and Russ (that made her day).  Tutt may still be on vacation, so this could require adjustment when he gets back online, and we're still awaiting word from Don Man on his results. Tutt just sent me his data, and it is now included.

Last edited by Gary E on Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary E on Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:34 pm

Just noticed that on the homepage of LogARun our EugeneRunner is seventh overall (regardless of age)!

Paul Gennaro (102.5)
Isaiah 40:31 (102.0)
Ries (101.0)
Will McDermott (99.0)
cheungjeezy (95.7)
Andrew (94.7)
EugeneRunner (86.0)
Peter Gilmore (85.0)
Brendon OLeary (79.7)
Duncan Hopkins (77.0)

The site no longer has the extensive listing by age group, gender, or sport category (except for the very fastest or longest distance...and even then, if you go to the homepage, you still find someone with erroneous or fabricated totals). Big congrats to Craig though!!!  His tally is always real...as sad as that makes us mere mortals.  Oh, and Russ has been on that list numerous times too.
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tuttle on Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:16 pm

Wow! Great running...

20 miles for me last week again Gary. Not so good this week.

Dave Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by EugeneRunner on Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:38 pm

This is my base building period for a May half marathon, plus a 25K most likely in June. I'm turning 50 in a couple weeks, so that explains why I've cranked up the mileage. But my heart history isn't as severe as many others here (MI and stent) so it isn't always a fair comparison.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary E on Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:54 pm

This weeks leaderboard:
EugeneR  77.5
Russwyd  45
Lady B       44
Brutus       26.65
T Walski  20.16
Klemp         7
NewMe        6.5

Craig is still listed in the top ten for all runners, and my little lady ran extra long today since Russ jumped ahead of her by one mile this past week.
Gary E

Back to top Go down

Post by Sumorunner on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:12 am

Have you found out yet why they still haven't reinstated the leader boards? It's beginning to look like a permanent thing.

I no longer run of course, but I do tally all my activities. Just started to add biking mileage too. YTD, 45 miles swimming, 115 miles walking, 25 miles biking and 9,000 pushups.

There's a distance festival at the local YMCA next month which includes a sprint triathlon. I'm going to sign up for that. 350yd swim, 11 mile bike, 5k run. I don't know why the swim is so short. I've been practicing at least 1500 per swim. I asked the director if it's OK that I walk the 5K, and she says no problem since there's a companion half-marathon which will still be ongoing when I come in.

Sumorunner

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum